☽ 12

"chaeri-ah, we've got back some food!" hendery yelled from the front door as he entered his humble abode

chaeri quickly placed back the cabinets and closed every closet door, ensuring everything looked at place and what it was before she scavenged through.

"a-ah i'm coming!" she scurried to the kitchen where the two was preparing her meal. the freshly hunted meat sent her chills she never thought she'd have. the meat was still red and bloody.

she peaked her head to the other side, looking away at the fleshy meat. "i-i'll sit at the couch first." she informed as she headed to the couch.

there wasn't any source of electricity out in the woods. therefore, there wasn't any television, only some books and magazines most of it being a few decades old.

the lights were also powered by flame, be it lantern or a fireplace. besides, the sunlight was pretty abundant at the location of the small house.

one book spiked her interest, a book about werewolves. it looked almost mystical-liked, it's mysterious dark blue cover just makes you extremely drawn to it.

automatically flipping open to the first page, her eyes scanned through a bunch of words she had never seen before. the fancy old writing it was written in was something she had little to no knowledge about.

she could understand neither the words nor the handwriting - the cursive handwriting achieved with the help of a black ink feather pen.

the strokes were so clean and well done, the whole book was written in calligraphy and to her own surprise, she really did enjoy scanning through the book though she understood nothing.

//

"thank you for the meal!" she thanked the two kind man who cooked her dinner, hendery handed her some utensils for her to use.

weirdly enough, hendery and lucas didn't cook themselves any thing, she thought for sure they would've been hungry after the whole day of hunting.

"aren't you hungry?" she asked, her mouth full of food as the area around her lips was dipped and decked out with the sauce.

"a-ah we uh we ate just now." lucas seemed oddly nervous, fidgeting with his fingers as visible particles of sweat formed on his temples.

she nodded acting as if she didn't suspect them for their odd behaviour at all. she knew things wouldn't go her way if she confronts them.

besides, she really did like the free shelter that goes with food and water. if it wasn't for them, she probably wouldn't have been alive for such a long time by herself.

the beastly creatures lurking in the dark woods were way out of imagination, they would always attack at dawn. they would attack at times their prey least expects.

there really wasn't any alliance down in the chaotic area, every one is a man to themselves, no sign of trust could be seen. the creatures were destined to betray, no peace or harmony could be between any of them.

it was a one man show for everyone, they could only depend on themselves for survival. looking out for the kind of the food chain that dominated the woods - werewolves.

 looking out for the kind of the food chain that dominated the woods - werewolves