☽ 17

she quietly stepped out of her bedroom and onto the floor of the living room, quiet cracks came from the wooden floor though it was almost unheard

she snooped around the dark house, crouching her body low just in case someone was there, she scanned the room and just as she wished, there wasn't anyone around.

she smiled knowing she had the whole living room to herself, she started walking more boldly yet she still made sure she wasn't making any loud noises.

"they must be asleep." she whispered, checking the door leading to their bedroom, placing her ear beside the door.

not a single sound could be heard from inside the room indicating that they were most probably asleep.

the silence was indeed killing her, one single droplet of water seemed like the loudest of tunes in that quiet place she wandered.

slowly but surely, she reached out to the box behind the radio that she couldn't manage to look through since they reached home before she could lay a finger on the box.

she made sure to keep and eye on the book for future reference knowing she would one day need that extra piece of evidence and clue to help her clear her complications.

she hid in the corner of the living room to open the box, lifting the lid off from the box as she peaked her head in to the box.

to her dismay, she couldn't see much in the darkness, she couldn't make out what she was looking at, just the rough shape of it.

it was a type of book, a thick book covered with dust, the soft covers made from fabric, the pieces of fabric sewed together with strings and needles.

the paper was slightly tinted yellow but then again that could've just been the affect of the moonlight being shone on it.

from what she could see, she could infer that the book was from the ancient time line, it was from an older era compared to the time they were currently in.

she quietly flipped through the pages that was glued into the book, it seemed like an informative book about the creatures that littered the world.

she could see little sketch of each creature- the little black and white drawings drew with whatever they've got in the past, yet it was the ancient hand writing she couldn't understand.

how she wished she understood the hand writing that was on the pages, that would've cleared up a bunch of questions in her mind.

the book would've provided her with so many knowledge no one told her about, her mother never liked talking about mythological creatures.

the people in the village would always avoid the topic of mythological creatures thinking that once they were called upon, that'd bring them bad luck.

the towns people claimed to not be superstitious yet they didn't even notice the amount of superstition sayings they believed in.

she quietly looked through the different pictures that was drawn- the only thing she could understand out of the whole book.

she even started lining her fingers over the simple drawing of a werewolf, she smiled as she looked at the different sketches of werewolves and wolves in general.

she was slowly drifting into the world of books and drawings she didn't even notice that she had spent almost half an hour just sitting there and admiring the drawings.

the moonlight shone on her as the quiet crinkling sound lingered, coming from the insects and creatures that was around the house.

the wind wasn't too harsh nor a meagre amount of wind, the breeze was plentiful in its own way, the curtains swayed along with the wind like it's their own dance floor.

"what are you doing here?" a voice emerged from the darkness, shocked to her bones as she looked up at the one who spoke.

i wonder who 😏