[XXXVIII]

Jungkook rubbed his eyes as he walked down the hallway to the ballroom

Jungkook rubbed his eyes as he walked down the hallway to the ballroom. His Father told him to help prepare for the day. Of course he tried to convince Taehyung to model the outfit he picked out for him but the latter just closed the door on him with a goofy smile on his face.

He knew there would be a lot of people at the ball, which made him nervous knowing he would be dancing with such a beautiful person in front of practically the whole Kingdom. Although he was a little eased at the fact that his Mother wouldn't be pressuring him to pick a girl to dance with.

"Look who woke up!" Hoseok yelled once he saw the Prince walk through the doors. 

Jungkook rolled his eyes as he began walking up to the three workers, well he thought there were only going to be three but his heart dropped once he saw Jimin along with the pair. He also noticed his Mother in the corner.

"Dad." Jungkook whispered after he walked to the King's side. "Why is Mom and Jimin still here?" 

"Don't worry son, I have it under control."

The King reassuringly nodded his head to his son who sighed before walking over to a table to 'clean it' even though there was nothing to clean, he just wanted to get his mind off Taehyung since it was driving him crazy.

Jungkook picked up a utensil to place it somewhere else for no apparent reason, until a thought came into his mind.

Taehyung is probably showing his outfit to Pete right now.

The said Prince dropped the utensil once he started thinking about how the older looked in front of his mirror right now. Elegant, adorable, beautiful, sexy, captivating. Those were all of the adjectives he could describe the black haired as.

"Hey, you okay?" Namjoon asked as he approached Jungkook who had shaky hands and a spaced out expression. 

The butler picked up the spoon and placed it back onto the table, looking back up at the younger who seemed to have gained his consciousness back. "Me? Oh yeah I'm fine, terrific! My anxiety hat is on the floor." Jungkook sarcastically exclaimed.

"Mm' I don't think it fell off." Namjoon joked making the younger sigh. Jungkook fiddled around and gazed his eyes elsewhere before returning back to reality.

"I'm going to dance with Taehyung, in front of a lot of people.." 

The older chuckled. "Why do you sound so nervous? There's only a 50% chance Hoseok will yell something sexual while you guys are dancing."   "Shut up." Jungkook lightly punched Namjoon's shoulder.

"It's just.. what if I faint when I see him or something? What if I say something I don't want to say? What if I kiss him in front of everyone- oh my God my Mom is still here she's going to want to kill me-"

"Jungkook, breathe." Namjoon reassured with a chuckle. "Everything will go smoothly, you're going to have the time of your life. Okay?"

The said male took his butlers advice and took in a deep breath of air, exhaling and then nodding his head. "Okay."

-

Taehyung took a look at himself in the mirror, looked back at the clock, and looked back at the mirror. He's been repeating that action for the past hour. He was probably even more nervous than Jungkook.

"Wait Pete, I'm not sure about this anymore. Isn't it too much? I don't think he'll like it.." He quickly talked to the dove who was sitting on the top of the mirror.

The black haired male adjusted his skirt and aggressively ruffled his hair to make it 'more presentable.' He also had his mask on since it was a Masquerade ball.

"Okay okay, so should I be like.. Hi Jungkook, want to dance with me? Wait what if he runs away from me and picks someone else to dance with." He frantically said, looking back at the clock again and seeing he had ten minutes left until it was time to go. He could already see people lining up outside.

"I think if my Parents were here they'd be proud of me, right Pete?" He questioned. "There's so much I would say to them, even if I had a brother it'd be nice.."

Taehyung nervously looked down at his hands, before looking up at the mirror. He jolted back and thought he was crazy when he saw both his Mom and Dad in the mirror beside him. He turned around quickly to see if they were actually there, pouting when they weren't.

"I'm just hallucinating." He mumbled to himself while closing his eyes, opening them back up expecting for just himself to be in the mirror but his parents were still there.

"M-mom, D-dad?" 

Taehyung's jaw dropped and he could feel his eyes begin to tear up as he watched his mother ruffle his hair, even though he couldn't physically feel it it looked so real. His dad wrapped an arm around his sons shoulder in the reflection, to which Taehyung also couldn't feel.

"We're proud of you." His mother mouthed in the reflection. "We love you." His father also mouthed.

Taehyung kept his mouth wide open even though his eyes were drowned in tears by now. "I-I love you t-too." He stuttered out. The two reflections sweetly smiled, mouthing one last thing before fading away.

"Have the time of your life today. We'll be watching." 

The boy quivered his lips as he watched his parents disappear. "Wait!" He yelled, turning around to try to hug them but they weren't there anymore. "I-I want t-to tell you m-more t-things." 

Although he wanted them to come back so bad, he couldn't help but be happy that he saw his Parents one last time. He was crying happy tears, a little mix of sad since he wanted them back.

Interrupting his moment, the alarm on the clock began ringing indicating the Masquerade Ball had begun. Pete flew over to Taehyung's side and landed on his shoulder, making the said male smile a bit.

"T-those were m-my parents P-pete.. they were r-right there."

The dove began happily walking in a circle making him giggle, being interrupted again by a knock on his door and the object opening. Taehyung wiped his tears away and looked at the male at the door.

"Are you coming? Jungkook is freaking out wondering where you are." Yoongi told while holding the door opening. He didn't notice the latter was crying since Taehyung wiped all of his tears away and put on a smile.

"I'll be right there."

Yoongi nodded his head as he closed the door. Taehyung then sniffled his nose, smiling at the mirror one last time knowing his parents were watching him right now before he walked out of the door. More excited than ever to see Jungkook so he could dance with the love of his life while his parents were watching.

OMG sorry i didn't update in so long, school has been making me so busy all of a sudden :( gonna double update tonight though! :) love ygs<3