ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʜᴀʟғ ᴀs ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ

But why should he be surprised?

Why should he be bothered by this?

Jung Hoseok's got everything: from athletic capability and extreme flexibility that came especially in handy for his hobby of dance, to a personality that was sweeter than any combination of sugar and honey.

From his honeydew skin tones to those long, luscious eyelashes fluttering effortlessly every-time his hazelnut and coffee tinged eyes squinted from the amount of bliss being exerted everytime he laughed wholeheartedly at a joke or silly comment. Or those healthy, long black and slightly wavy strands of hair that were always parted or windswept perfectly above his forehead that sent Yoongi and everyone else absolutely haywire with just one look sent towards his direction. Or maybe it was those angelic features, from his small pixie shaped nose to those pink heart shaped lips that had already lovingly smothered nearly every part of Yoongi's face by now; the made up imagery and scenarios created in Jungkook's head regarding it only boiling him with more fury every single time. Or lastly, maybe it was his lean and toned figure; giving the perfect and most adorable touch to his and Yoongi's small yet significant height difference when stood beside each other. 

Because whatever everyone's different opinions were, everyone could agree on one thing.

Jung Hoseok was irresistibly beautiful.

So why should Jungkook feel this sudden rage build up inside him at the sight of Hoseok growing extremely flustered and giddy from how Yoongi was planting small kisses all over his face with his back leaning up against a locker?

He should've seen it coming.

After all, everyone else did.

Jungkook could easily see it in both Jimin and Namjoon's faces; the indifferent expressions resting on their faces as if it was the most casual and expected thing to occur, only whipping their attention away from them not even after a second of looking and back to their previous conversation.

Except Jungkook wasn't paying any attention to that.

He was paying attention to them.

Paying attention to the way Yoongi's hands gently placed themselves at Hoseok's wrists, restricting them from successfully covering up the very obvious blush creeping up onto Hoseok's cheeks as a huge gummy smile broke out onto Yoongi's face at his flustered state, thinking of it nothing else but utterly adorable.

It was truly unthinkable what Jungkook would give to be in Hoseok's place at that moment — to be cradled and fondled over by the boy he's been falling for since sophomore year, and harder each day at that with his feelings only continuing to grow until it eventually slithered its way around his entire body choking him until death.

And now, this was all it took to make that final decision for his soul to wither away along with it.

The final impairment that would take away his last breath.

It really did feel like it too, altering his sense between determining what's reality and what's fantasy.

Or distorted dystopian, more like.

The way his breath audibly hitched in his throat, being dragged back down by the little demons inside his body who clawed at any last evident sparkle of happiness that survived this far — sucking away anything and everything as Jungkook's eyes stayed fixated on the lovesick pair.

It was so painful, so incredibly heart-rending so spectate from a distance away where they stayed clueless in their own little bubble. But something deep beneath Jungkook forced him to look at them, forced him to undergo that agonizing pain that cramped throughout his entire body eventually making him pearlized from the feet up.