(ᴏʜ) ᴡɪsʜ ɪ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ

un·re·quit·ed
/ˌənrəˈkwīdəd/
adjective
adjective: unrequited
(of a feeling, especially love) not returned or rewarded.

Second choice.

Third wheel.

Loving someone who doesn't love you back.

It certainly wasn't easy to deal with — afterall, no one said it would be.

No one gave Jungkook a handbook providing him with the rules and consequences or guidelines to follow when taking the risk and dipping his toes into the pool of infatuation — one either filled the red rose petals or withering skulls and rodent skeletons.

It wavers from time to time, an unbalanced scale indecisively pondering between two decisions sending the boy into a frenzy.

It was frustrating, and Jungkook didn't deny that for a second.

Even after him and Yoongi talked it out through the late hours of the night and early hours of the morning, crying and sobbing into each other's arms through incoherent mumbled and whimpers as their best attempts to fully express themselves to ensure that no more misunderstands would be made from then on, Jungkook was still left heartbroken.

But now, the only difference was that he couldn't hold a grudge on Hoseok or Yoongi.

He couldn't bring himself to do it — not for him, not for anyone, and especially not for his foolish heart that had previously brainwashed him into doing so.

Even if it challenged him everyday to pick up on one tiny flaw that his bare eyes subconsciously looked for in Hoseok to see anything comparable between them two, Jungkook would immediately succumb that little thought produced by his own internal devils himself and continue on with his day.

With an aching heart and sorrowful eyes, but not with a guilty conscience.

One could even say that he and Hoseok had gotten unarguably close — finding common interests with one another such as dance and drawing, or discovering their similar tastes in humor that left them wheezing breathlessly over the lunch tables.

And it most definitely took a while to get there, but it was all worth it in the end.

Now of course, Jungkook still found it hard to watch as Hoseok and Yoongi confesses their "I love you's" or kiss one another passionately in the rain or dance until the stars blanketed the earth, since it would simply be unrealistically to say otherwise. After all, Jungkook's feelings hadn't gone away, and maybe they wouldn't for a while.

Maybe it would be another month, five months, a year or eight years.

Who knew what the divine beings had up their sleeves for his innocent self, who knew what tricks they were hiding behind those positive aspects in life that distracted him from the horrifying possibilities.

But still, even if his heart made of glass was constantly being broken by the hands of his own two friends — they made sure to glue it back together every time.

By their own happiness.

Because seeing them happy, genuinely content with another person to the extent of putting all of their trust into them — was a concept Jungkook couldn't even begin to grasp or fathom.

But maybe, just maybe, the root of his own heartbreak was the happiness of the ones who caused it.

And as backwards as that sounds, not one trace of falseness leaked throughout that statement. 

"Ggukiiieeeeeee!" Hoseok squealed, running up to Jungkook and squeezing him in a tight bone crushing hug, one that left him breathless and very caught off guard from just how strong the delicate and dainty appearing boy actually was.