ɪᴛ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴘᴏʟʏᴇsᴛᴇʀ

Jungkook knew he shouldn't have been as agitated by the fact that Yoongi gave Hoseok one of his favorite sweaters as he was.

He knew it didn't matter.

He knew all of that.

After all, a sweatshirt didn't mean anything. All it was was a simple piece of fabric sewn together by strings of individual thread with polyester and cotton lining on the interior made in a factory used to protect one's skin from cold weather to prevent goosebumps to creep along their skin.

But that mere fact stated by basic science and seamstresses didn't put an end to the agonizing pain aching in his heart, spreading cracks and crevices in place of every vein where ghouls of his own soul and phantoms of his own withering spirit sprouted and reeked havoc among the obscure glimmers where tranquility lay.

The simple reminder that Hoseok himself was now the one cuddling into a precious item of Yoongi's and gaining the rare advantage of inhaling the strawberry and vanilla scents that Jungkook had once inbreathed too.

But with Jungkook it was a mandatory act of casual politeness, seeing as his best friend was shivering in the bitter December weather and if Yoongi hadn't offered him his sweater it would've been equivalent to that of writing his death note.

But with Hoseok it was straight from the heart.

A token of his affection, something done in cheesy romantic movies where the main love interests gifts their partner a hoodie or sweatshirt that they cherish obsessively.

Yoongi didn't need to give Hoseok his sweatshirt, he didn't have to greet him with a little peck on the cheek or forehead every morning or steal quick kisses in between passing periods or classes or steal lovesick glances at him every chance got.

But his heart told him to.

Whereas for Jungkook, he was simply a companion, a buddy, a friend, a platonic soulmate or brother for life given at the hands of fate bestowing them to be neighbors since elementary school.

Yoongi's brain told him to give Jungkook his sweatshirt that day, an instinctive act and basic empathy that all humans were birthed with.

But Yoongi's heart told him to give Hoseok his sweatshirt that same day they kissed under snowfall, completely entrapped in this new bubble of infatuation he felt himself being sucked into by the chance of meeting what he presumed to be his soulmate.

And as stated before, the heart and the brain are two entirely different components of the human's soul.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Yoongi!" Hoseok laughed breathlessly, frantically banging his fists at Yoongi's backside in pathetic tempts to lower himself safely onto the ground, "put me down!"

"Hmmm," Yoongi tapped his chin in thought jokingly, dragging it out longer than necessary which only ranked up Hoseok's desperation levels to get the hell out of Yoongi's grasp as he was currently hanging for dear life over his shoulders, with Yoongi's hands holding him sturdy and the waist and legs the only thing keeping him from falling to his doom, "nah."

Letting out an exasperated groan, Hoseok eventually stopped kicking the air when realizing that being let down to the ground safely was not an option at that moment, and Yoongi certainly wasn't planning on letting him go anytime soon.

"I'm getting dizzy up here thoughhhhh," Hoseok whined, repeatedly knocking his head against against Yoongi's back as his hands hung limply out in front of him, fingertips nearly brushing against the hardwood floor of the living room.

"Up here? Hoseok, your head is literally in front of my ass," Yoongi chuckled, painting a bright red glow onto Hoseok's face from the statement, which was undeniably true since his head was indeed face to face with Yoongi's butt.

Lovely.

"Yeah either way I don't wanna see that," Hoseok grumbled, slapping a hand against Yoongi's butt in protest which elicited a yelp from the elder.

"Why not?" Yoongi inquired cheekily, bringing a flushed tint to Hoseok's cheeks even more obvious than before, "isn't it a great view?"

"No."

"Didn't last week you say—"

"Nope nope nope I don't recall anything!" Hoseok chimed brightly, earning a snicker from Yoongi before he eventually obeyed the boy's commands and carefully lowered his body down onto the couch, making sure to be extra gentle with him.

"Mhm sureeee," Yoongi remarked, playfully rolling his eyes before strolling across the room to retrieve a pile of blankets, "anyways, wanna make a blanket fort?"

-

Short chapter but next one is much longer and rlly fluffy😌