14: Fukurodani vs Oshima

I run up to the familiar tall black-haired boy, leaving my bike on the side against the gates.

"F/N-chan!" he smiles and opens his arms as he notices me. The crowd disperses a bit to let me through.

"Keiji!" I jump into his arms.

"It's been ages, I have missed you. How are you doing?" he embraces me softly but with care. "Wait what are you doing here?"

"I've been good Keiji. I missed you so much!" I grin at him as he releases me from his hug. "I am here probably the same reason as you. I joined a volleyball club here and starting this week I will be training with them."

"Oh, that's right, Nekoma doesn't have a girls team. Did the coach refer you?"

"Yes, he has been very kind in setting me up with everything."

"I am glad!" he exclaims until a head pops up behind him. He glances in that direction and turns back to me. The figure doesn't go away.

"Bokuto?" I question as the figure resembles a boy I used to know and play within my first year of high school when I used to go to Keiji's house

"Oh. L/N! I almost didn't recognise you!" he overjoys and picks me up by my torso. Both of the boys have grown taller, Bokuto had dyed his hair. It was all very unusual. He squeezes me tight and everyone looks at me.

He puts me down and my face is flushed from the attention. I quickly check the time.

"Oh guys, I'd love to catch up, I hope we will have some time afterwards but I have to run to my training. Good luck guys." I quickly hug Keiji and Bokuto and wave them goodbye as I run away.

As I park my bike at the bike station, I notice the coach of Oshima High and run up to greet her.

"Lovely to meet you L/N, F/N. We are glad to have you here. Follow me, I will take you to the stadium. We will be practising outside for today as you may have noticed we have a boy's volleyball practice game in the indoor court." she explains and leads me to the grass pitch.

All the girls are already in their practice uniforms doing some light stretches.

"Alright, ladies. This is L/N, F/N. She will be joining us from today, you may have seen her around before though. She is from Nekoma High, very well known for their boys' volleyball team, but they do not have a girls team so please treat her as our own. Anyways I am trusting you in the hands of your team Captain" she says and a girl walks up to the front. "I will also be appearing a few times between their breaks to check up on you." the coach nods to the captain and she heads off.

"Alright, guys. You have 5 minutes to introduce yourselves and then we are going to do a warm-up. The plan for today is short and simple since we have a real-life game to watch. Fukurodani have travelled here to practice, it would be a shame to miss a great learning opportunity." the Captain announces.