17

====UNDERTAKER====

I finally told her.

I finally told Mikki everything that I had been keeping in for far too long. I don't regret saying it at all. However, Mikki is just sitting there, gaping slightly. I'm honestly worried about what will happen. Will she run from me? Will she tell me to leave her alone? Will whatever our relationship is turn to dust? Will she hate me? Will she demand to go back home? Worse?

Questions flood my mind. I don't know what will happen. I snap out of my sorrowful thoughts and see a tear roll down Mikki's cheek, and her bottom lip is trembling. She opens her mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. More tears fall from my dear Mikki's eyes. "L-let me stay... please..." I hear her whisper.

What? I think to myself. She's not... She... What? Honestly, I can't help but chuckle. Of course, she gave a tug to my hair because of it, but still. How ridiculous. I raise a hand and use it to wipe away her tears the best I can. "My dearest Mikki... I'll do whatever it takes to keep you here. I can assure you that I won't let you leave without a fight," I say.

"I never want to go back unless I'm with you," Mikki whispers, leaning into my chest as I wrap my arms around her.

Not long after, Mikki throws her arms around my neck and crashes her lips against mine. A bit inexperienced, but I love it nonetheless. I know it was full of love and passion. I kissed her back, and the kiss soon caught fire.

All the while, I'm just stuck thinking how. How is it possible for a reaper like me to fall in love with a human girl? And how did I get so lucky to have Mikki be the girl?

Mikki lays back on the coffin-bed and I hold myself up over her, my arms and elbows resting on either side of her head, keeping our bodies together, but not to the point where I'm putting all my weight on her. I feel her small fingers run through my hair.

I can't help but kiss her as if it were a grave sin if I didn't, or if I were to let go. She kissed back like I was someone she needed in order for her to live. Her breathing becomes more rapid and I can feel her heart beating faster in her chest. I can't help but smile into the kiss, knowing fully well that I'm the one making her heart beat faster.

The weather outside is already rather warm, and to make it worse, it felt as though her room was growing hotter and stuffier. As if reading my mind, Mikki reaches to the bottom of my robe and pulls it over my head. I let her do so, breaking the kiss in order for it to be taken off over my head.

Mikki looks at my chest and places her hands on it. She then begins delicately tracing the scars on my chest with her fingers. She glances up into my eyes. "I feel as though I'm at a disadvantage, though."

"How so?" I ask, laying down next to her on my side. Her fingers continue tracing my scars.

"Well, you know so much about me. Maybe everything about me. But I really don't know anything about you." Well, she's right.

"What would you like to know, love?"

"How did you get these?" We both look into each other's eyes. She looks worried. Like I wouldn't tell her the truth, but of course I couldn't lie to her like that.

"Reaping," I tell her. I know she'll ask what happened. I just knew I would get the exact reaction from her, and I wanted to see it, and it made me chuckle. She looked cute when she huffed and rolled her eyes.

"I mean what happened. Grell, William, and Ronald don't have scars like they do. I mean, from what I can see. You have them on your pinky, neck, and face. I don't see anything on them."