Chapter 39

Hello hello!! I hope you are all well. I just realized that Chapter 36 was coming up as a draft on my end, so I went and published it again. I apologize for the error.

This chapter is near and dear to my heart because a large portion of this is what I got to experience when I went to central Europe in my last year of high school

_________________________________________________________

Hero's square in Budapest is so much more beautiful than I expected it to be. When Dimitri proposed the idea of doing two days in a different city for ten days it seemed crazy, but now that I'm here, I'm excited. The statues are larger than any photo I've ever seen of them, and I take the lull in tourists to snap a panoramic photo.

"That smile hasn't left your face all morning," Dimitri says as he slips his arm around my waist. I hum and lean against him as I let my camera hang down around my neck. "I'm happy, can you blame me? I'm in Europe with my amazing husband on my honeymoon. It's expected for me to be happy," I quip back, laughing at him.

Dimitri hums and moves to stand behind me as we stand in front of the monument. "Did you know that the tallest is supposed to be the archangel Gabriel? Or that the horsemen are the Magyar Prince Árpád and his fellow warriors?"

I turn my head and look up at him with a smirk. "No, I didn't know that. I can appreciate that I am now married to a walking encyclopedia," I joke but nonetheless enjoy the background history.

"Hey, why are they green? I thought they were made of bronze or copper?"

Dimitri rests his head on top of mine and laces his hands over my stomach. "Oxidization," Dimitri says with a thoughtful tone. I shrug and rest my head against his chest. I look over the large monument with content and soak in the history. While we may not have a tour guide, I am enjoying Dimitri explaining what he knows with excitement.

"Where are we going next?" I ask as we leave the square, swinging our hands between us excitedly. Dimitri squeezes my hand as we head back to the car, and he opens my door for me. I slip in and wait for him to get in on his side before asking him again.

"We are going to Gellért Hill," Dimitri says tenderly, placing his hand on my leg before starting the car.

I rest my head against the window and watch the street pass by us, the colours are so different than back home. Everything is so cookie-cutter back in the States, but here, everything is different and beautiful. As we drive up the hill and park in the visitor parking, I jump out of the car and hike up the path to the outlook, resting my hands on the railing and taking in the view of the city.

If only we had more than two days to explore this beautiful city.

"Roza."

I turn my head around to look at Dimitri just as he snaps the lenses on his camera, an intoxicating smile crossing his face. "Sorry, the light hit you just the right way," Dimitri shrugs, though I have no issues with him taking my photo. I smile and extend my hand to him and pull him towards the outlook, turning back to look at the city standing out against the orange, red, yellow, and greens of nature around us.

_________________________________________________________

I hum as Dimitri's hands move over my back, his calloused palms causing friction in the dip of my spine. His lips follow suit as they trail down my spine and reach my tailbone, his hands moving back up and slipping between me and the mattress, cupping my breasts in his hands.

"Mmm, that feels really good," I hum into my pillow as I gaze out the window of our hotel room. Our hotel in Vienna is beautiful and overlooks the Hofburg, a palace in the center of Vienna. The stark white buildings with statues and gold are breathtaking, and I can add this to the list of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.