8) Individual Training

It was Abilities class, outside each student was training with their own test dummy. It was their time to practice with themselves. The 9 girls were spread apart with Mr Yeon keeping a close on them, he was very intrigued with them, especially how they handled themselves a year ago.

A few minutes till the last bell would ring. Mr Yeon dismissed the other students except TWICE.
"You girls don't have anywhere to be, do you?" Mr Yeon asked.
They all shook their heads.
"Good, cause I want you to train more. This time, I'll give you pointers."
They nodded and went back to their individual dummies.

"This training is not only to grow stronger, but to prevent from hurting yourself and others. Control is the first step." He spoke, "Nayeon, stand a far distance and wrap around your arms around the dummy's neck."
She took a deep breath, 'Please don't mess up.'
Nayeon reeled back as her arms tangled around its neck. She released all her tension.
"Well done. Now Chaeyoung, hit the dummy's head." He ordered.

Chaeyoung looked nervous, "W-With Nayeon there?"
"Yes, don't worry, if anything goes wrong. It won't be your fault, I'll handle it."
It reassured her in a way. Chaeyoung took a deep breath and formed an fireball in her hand. She aimed for the head, she closed her eyes, so did Nayeon.
Then, she threw it, hard. Crashing into the dummy's head, the fire spread slowly and barely touched Nayeon.
"Oh thank goodness it didn't her." Sana sighed.

"Step two, confidence. Did you have confidence you would hit it?" Mr Yeon asked Dahyun.
"Kinda, I just didn't want to hit Nayeon." Chaeyoung said.
"Good. Sana, can you make nine pillars with each member on each one." He said.
Sana nodded and made a rock pillar with each member on it.
"Mina, cover eyes."
Mina looked around and did what she was told.

"Now, step three: Trust. No one can hit the ground. Mina, just walk in any direction, and you will trust your friends to keep you on top." He said.
"Sir!" Jihyo was shocked.
"I assigned it to Mina because she'll know what happens if she falls." He replied, "Trust me."
They all nodded, all nervous except Mina who smirked as she closed her eyes. She took her first big step off the pillar, luckily Sana raised another platform.
Dahyun swung her arm towards the pillar Mina was on, making an ice bridge which she ran across as Mina stepped off her platform. Dahyun quickly made an ice bridge towards Chaeyoung's pillar.

"Oh, and did I mention they will be enemies!" He shouted, as a swarm of mechanical bats agitated them. Both Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung shot them down with their abilities. Tzuyu grabbed a bunch and threw them far away, Dahyun and Sana kept helping Mina not to fall.
"Momo!" Nayeon called, she stretched her arm towards her pillar. Momo ran across to her side. Nayeon's arm stretched towards Mina, Momo went to help Mina, trying to keep her straight on a path as well as swatting all the mechanical bats.

Jeongyeon created an electrical net and captured most of the bats. Chaeyoung threw a bit of fire within it.
As the metal melted off their bodies, Momo kept a hold of Mina's hand and kept her a straight path, just a second, the platform they were on, fell. Momo fell on top of Nayeon whilst Mina was falling.
Jihyo levitated it back to its position, she used all her strength and pushed her back up.
"Good save Jihyo!" Momo shouted.

Sana felt weak and relaxed all her energy, she couldn't hold the platforms. The previous platforms made for Mina dropped to the floor. Unfortunately, Dahyun was still on it, she was falling towards the ground.
"Dahyun jump!" Tzuyu shouted.
The girl jumped in a hurry and caught Tzuyu's arm. Pulling her up in an instant. Tzuyu realised that Mina was going to walk off.
"Dahyun! Chaeyoung! Collide your abilities." Tzuyu demanded as the two girls nodded their heads.

Fire and ice collided to make water, Dahyun immediately refroze it as Tzuyu caught the frozen pieces.
"Jihyo!" She shouted and threw it towards where Mina was going to step. Jihyo held it place, she let go of the previous platforms. Below Mina, was an electrical safety net made from Jeongyeon.
Tzuyu had run out of ice pieces to throw, so it all up to Jeongyeon.
Luckily, Mina was caught into the net. Both Nayeon, who stretched her arms out, and Jeongyeon pulled upwards and placed Mina back onto her pillar.

"Well done." Mr Yeon clapped.
"You did good. Your last step was Teamwork and you proved yourselves worthy of a team."
Sana lowered the pillars onto ground floor, they all fell to the floor, tiredly.
"Mr Cho wants to see you in his office. He has a job for you."