18) Deserved To Be Protectors

After saving the world and being saved by heroes who helped them off the roof. It was the celebration assembly, this time they were being anointed as heroes. It was the 16th year Anniversary of School For The Unique.
For those who participated in taking down the Mastermind received a gold medal of thanks and appreciation.

Aside from that, the whole of TWICE were going to be anointed by Mr Cho himself.
"16th year Anniversary and yet a troubling start. These magnificent young people had made such an impact on our society, they have inspired young people and made a world such a better place." Mr Cho smiled, "But now my focus is on TWICE, the Protectors of the School. My promise to them was to be heroes of Seoul. Now, I don't know if all of them want this—."

"We want this." Jihyo spoke.
"She speaks for all of us, we want this." Nayeon replied.
Mr Cho nodded his head, "So it's settled, TWICE will become the heroes of Seoul."
Everyone cheered and applauded their bravery. The heroes of Seoul soon-to-be, there was one last thing to do.
"And it's important to every new hero to make an oath." He turned towards the girls and opened a book.

"Put your right hand on you heart and repeat after me."
They all were ready.

"I promise to risk my life to save others, even facing dangers, I will not back down. For the sake of the Revolutionary, I'll never turn into an Outlaw. This is my duty of a hero to lay my life down to anyone and everyone and not to hurt or kill innocence. My name is..."

"Im Nayeon."
"Yoo Jeongyeon."
"Hirai Momo."
"Minatozaki Sana."
"Park Jihyo."
"Myoui Mina."
"Kim Dahyun."
"Son Chaeyoung."
"Chou Tzuyu."

They all looked at each other in harmony as they finished, "And I will protect the Earth."
Mr Cho smiled, "And go forth young heroes."
The audience cheered once more, even louder than before. The new young hero group, TWICE!
.
.
.
They had an early end of school day and the TWICE members gathered in NaJeongJi's room and celebrated inside.
"Whoooo! Heroes of Seoul, let's go!" Jeongyeon screamed.
"Hey, would it be okay if we slept over here?" Dahyun asked excitedly.
"Of course this is our day, we can do whatever we want." Nayeon cheered.

"I'll sleep." Momo closed her eyes.
"Ay, come on. Is this not kicking in, we've been anointed." Sana shook Momo awake.
"Fine." Momo sat up, "What are we doing?"
"We should eat somewhere." Mina suggested.
"Yeah, I'm starving." Tzuyu said.
They had a long relaxing talk, they took their time of their new celebration.

A knock came out of the door, Jihyo stood up and looked through the eyehole. There, Kang Daniel was waiting outside, shaking as he stood.
She opened the door just a crack.
"Hey." She first spoke.
"Oh h-hey." He faintly smiled, he inched closer as he slowly looked up to her.
"I just want to say congratulations on being the Heroes of Seoul."
"We wouldn't have done it without you and the others. So you deserve as much credit as us." Jihyo smiled sweetly, she felt something spark inside her. Somehow she didn't mind.

"Well thank you. So how do you feel about the sphere?" He asked.
Jihyo sighed, "Quite relieving that all the Legend stuff is going to be put behind but at the same time that was the sphere that made me who I am."
"I think the power only came from within you, not the sphere." Daniel smiled.
"I guess... you're right." They stood there for a long while, Daniel noticed and suddenly became anxious.
"I have to get going." He acted awkwardly, but that's what Jihyo liked.
"I'll see you around." Jihyo watched as he walked downstairs, as she turned around she figured her friends would stare.
She was right, they all cooed around her and pestered the living situation.
"Somebody's giddy." Chaeyoung sniggered.
"Oh shut up."
"Come one, the last bus leaves in ten minutes. Let's go eat!" Nayeon shouted as her friends followed her outside.

But that's what made TWICE who they are, their fantastic teamwork and bond. It is what makes a good team, every single one of them were unique and had a role to play. That's why they are called the Protectors of the School and now Heroes of Seoul.

"We've been waiting for years... I think they're ready."

___
Another cliffhanger... but it's never finished.

Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed the end of the book... there's nothing else... thank you all for being such lovely people especially to those who thank me for updating. I have not ignored your comments, I really appreciate it.