Sisters

Two years later, Seo Kyung could no longer cover up her illness. Instead of recovering, day by day her condition got worse until she had liver failure. She was getting thinner, but her stomach looked swollen. Yellow skin in several parts of her body. She was forced to leave her job to undergo treatment at the hospital.

Her mother was devastated when she learned of her adopted daughter's illness that had been hidden from her. She blames herself for being incompetent as a mother, who can't do her best for her, and doesn't realize that Seo Kyung is sick and suffering alone. She only found out about it when she heard Seo Kyung's groan that was unbearable from inside the bedroom.

"Mom, do you know why I hide this disease from you? Because I know, Mom will react like this. All this happened because of my own fault that I secretly drank soju when I was a teenager, and couldn't stop consuming it as an adult. Mommy is not guilty at all. Mommy is my best mother in the world. "

My mother cried even more hysterically at Seo Kyung's narrative.

~~~

Not only the mother, Tae Eul also feels guilty, thinking that Seo Kyung is sick and dying because of her being in this universe. She should live in the Republic of Korea, not in the Kingdom of Korea. She feels that she has stolen Seo Kyung's life, just like Lee Rim and his henchmen stole other people's lives by killing them.

"I had this disease long before you came, maybe even before you knew Pyeha. How could I get this ill because of you? And you said you stole my life?" Seo Kyung chuckles, "On the contrary, you have blessed me. I thought I would die in a pile of debt, but you came and allowed me to enjoy this luxury before I died."

"Stop talking about death! You won't die. You will get well."

Tae Eul comes out of the room where Seo Kyung is being treated, to see Doctor Lee.

"Seo Kyung's disease can be cured, right, Doc? Do whatever surgery or medication is best for her, please!"

"I will try. I have registered her name in the liver donor acceptance list since a year ago. Now she is in the first line."

"Donor? Do you mean that Seo Kyung can recover with a liver transplant?"

"Yes, even though she still can't 100% recover like before she got this disease, but a transplant can prolong her life. Of course if there are no complications after the transplant."

Tae Eul sighed with relief, but then she remembered something, "can't a liver transplant be done by a living donor, just like a kidney donor?"

Doctor Lee seemed hesitant to nod.

"Then take my liver. I am her twin sister. Our liver will match."

Doctor Lee had expected this conversation to take place once the Queen found out about the condition of her twin, "But ... you are our Queen."

"Then why? Isn't the queen allowed to donate organs to her family?"

"I have to ask Pyeha's permission first."

"I'll talk to him. He'll agree."

~~~

"I don't agree," Gon said firmly.

"Yeobo, Seo Kyung is dying. She can die first while waiting for a donor, and it doesn't necessarily suit her. Me and she have the same DNA, so our organs must be the same too. She is now my sister, I have to help her."

"She's not your sister. She's just a stranger we use to make your identity."

"And you want to just throw her away after she becomes useless? You're not like the Lee Gon I know."