Chapter 1- The Smell of Coffee

𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ

4 years later

It's been four years, four years since Lisa settled here in this small town with her bundle of joy.

Lisa had known a lot of people here and had been quite used to the way they were staring at her. It reminded her of the time when she was young and her mom was selling Korean street food on the street, people would suddenly come up and compliment her looks as her mom just rubbed her hands on her knees and showing a stiff smile on the passerby.

"Your child?"

"Yes."

"How pretty. She looked like a Barbie doll."

"Thank you."

"You're pretty as well. Where's your husband anyway?"

"Huh?"

This happened most of the time. The conversation started with them being praised for their beauty but after finding where or who the golden seed of her other half came from and after her mom would tell them the truth, their faces turned black and started murmuring things she could only describe as offensive and insulting.

Listening to their murmurs only became a whisper in her ears and despite walking on the street confidently, everyone still barked behind her back. They started speculating where she came from and what was her job before she landed in Pyeonggul.

If she started dressing up, every married lady in their neighborhood would presume that she was seducing their husbands and would always block her way out of nowhere saying things like:

"Why were you wearing such revealing clothes? At least show some decency while walking on the street."

Or they would accuse her of something like:

"I saw my husband talking to you. Are you seducing him huh? You're really live up to your image, huh? Are you even trying to poison him with a love potion? Excuse me but my husband wouldn't take you as a mistress. You're too good for a trash like you."

Lisa was quite used to them now because as harsh as they would always stomp her under their feet. She also has the three unnies who always came to her rescue and would scold any of those stereotyped jealous people who came at her for an absolutely ridiculous reason.

"She was only wearing a dress-up to her knee and she was not even wearing a bikini? How can you say it was too revealing? You're just jealous because she looked like a Queen and you looked like.....her maid. Right? Ha. Ha. Ha."

"What did you say?!"

"Why? You couldn't accept that? Talk about decency when you're the one that didn't have a decency for bullying girls in front of daylight! You're obviously just wanted to create a drama and make you feel like the victim so people would side with you! What kind of sick person you are!"

The fighting would start after the accuser would start pulling up her hair and the three unnies hair as everyone would start to separate them.