Chapter 6 - Down their Coffee-filled Memory Lane

This was a flashback from the point of view of Lisa's baby daddy, Tae.

It was the time when both of them were just happy with the way they were.

Please listen to this so you can get the gist out of the whole chapter.

Italics for the past, Normal font for the present.

***

Taehyung couldn't sleep remembering how their conversation had turned out with the woman he had been searching for the last 4 years.

He couldn't believe that Jin knew about their baby and where she was for all these years without even telling him. He guessed he deserved not to know after the pain he had inflicted on her. Because after what he did, Jisoo completely stopped talking to him. It was only Jin who kept a secret connection to him.

That hyung still cared for him deeply even after all the things he had done to Lisa. He would be a jerk not to admit that there were times he missed her. He missed her touch. How her lips pouted every time she asked him something that he would purposely ignore just to get reaction from her.

He missed how she ran on his arms every time he went home after their trip abroad. He missed her sent. He missed her cooked food. He misses her. All of her.

"God I wished I could go back to the past and chose a different path."

It was so much that when the first year of their break up, Taehyung just focus on his studies and drinking every single night. He even became alcohol dependant because of it that he needed to be admitted to a mental hospital after he graduated with his master's degree.

He was lost for a few months before he landed a lead rule in a drama that made a way for him to become one of the most well-known actors in Korea.

He kept himself busy. Although there were times when he came home to his empty apartment that he still felt his heart cracked and he started crying once more through the night.

He was still searching for her scent and love. He looked for traces of where she could be. But then, he remembered how severely he hurt her and he reminded himself that it was for the best if he would just live the way he was now. Suffering all on his own without the love of his life.

He was still waiting for her to showed up and looked for him. He was still praying for her forgiveness to him. Praying that they would start again, this time, he will fight for her. Praying that all of these were just dreams.

His heart ached too much. Even though he was forced into an arranged marriage by his dad, and even forced him to make Jennie his official girlfriend, his heart remains to be owned solely by Lisa.

He looked at Jennie sometimes and even imagine her as she. However, he also knew that it has been years since they broke up. He felt that somehow Lisa could be happy somewhere else with the man who truly loved her.

If that was the case, he prayed that he will cherish Lisa and won't let her go just like what he did.

He thought that he was ready to moved on with his life and even agreed to marry Jennie as per his mom's request.