Chapter 10.

It's been about a month since I came back to Barcelona. To be honest I wished I stayed in Madrid, because I was struggling.

I only had around $900 left after I used the money to buy plane tickets. I bought a small 1 bedroom apartment. I slept on the floor in the living room with Thiago and the kids slept on the bed in the bedroom.

I didn't want to run back to Cristiano. In fact I couldn't because he was the one who broke up with me.

I should be the mad one here, he cheated on me with 2 of my family members. And I stuck with him through it.

Alicia had talked on the phone to Cristiano once, but I was in the shower so I didn't hear.

Andrea's POV

I called my dad on my phone. I needed to speak with him.

I waited until he picked up. I didn't want my mom to hear my conversation, so I made sure no one was in the bedroom.

He finally answered. "Hello?" I heard his curious voice say. "Papai... I miss you so much" I said and I really meant it.

"I miss you too, where are you guys?" I didn't know if my mom wanted me to tell him or not.

"Barcelona.. It's boring here, since we're on summer break and we have nothing to do expect stay in this tiny apartment since Mae has no money to take us anywhere."

"Is she okay?" He asked. I didn't know how to respond to that. Maybe I should tell him the truth.

"To be honest, no. She cries herself to sleep sometimes. She's been all moody."

"Tell your siblings I said hello and um tell your Mae I miss her."

"Okay. Bye papai, love you" "Love you too" He said and I hung up.

Esmeralda's POV

Maybe I should go back to Madrid. I haven't spoken with anyone in Madrid besides Dolores and Sergio. I wondered how I would travel to Brazil this summer with no money. I go to Brazil every summer but that seemed impossible now.

My phone was ringing and I picked it up.

"Hola?" I said while chewing on a snack bar.

"Ese.. It's Cesc." I was shocked to hear that answer.

"Oh um hey Cesc" I said confused as to why he was calling me.

"Ese, how are you?" He asked me. I wondered what I would say. Should I lie and say yes?"

"Good, everything's good" I lied. He sighed like he didn't believe me.

"Listen um I heard what happened between you and Cristiano.. Are you guys actually breaking up?" He asked me.

I had something to tell him, but I couldn't tell him. It would break his heart. Maybe a different time I could tell him.

"Um yeah. He said he can't be with me if I love someone else." I said. I tried not to cry, because I don't even know why I wasted my time on Cesc when he had a wife.

"Ese, I'm coming to see you. Where are you?" He asked me.

"Um Barcelona. The apartment complex near our old school?"

"There!? That place is horrible! Why didn't you get a better place?" He asked me. I gulped. To be honest I didn't know what to tell him.

"Um, I couldn't. I didn't have enough." I said.

"Oh... Damn well do you need money because I don't think you should be in that kind of neighborhood." He asked me.

"No, I'm fine. I will be able to get the money once I find myself a job." I said.