prologue: she knows?

quick note: this is in Marinette's P.O.V. (although there might be some bits in other people's P.O.V.) i hope you enjoy!

I felt something cold on my face as I opened my eyes, my kwami floating above me.

"Tikki! What was that for?!"

"You weren't waking up so I had to try some different methods. It seemed like water worked!" 

"And why did I need to wake up?"

"Marinette, you have school today!"

"I still have time, I'm not going to be late Tikki."

Tikki sighed and brought me my phone to check the time. 8:30?!?!  SCHOOL STARTS IN FIFTEEN MINUTES! 

"I am going to be late!" I said as I rushed off of my bed and into the bathroom. I grabbed a pale pink shirt and some black jeans from my dresser and hurriedly put them on. I slid on my flats, grabbed my bag along with a few cookies and rushed out the door. I put the cookies in my purse and grabbed one, shoving it in my mouth as 'breakfast'.  

"Girl, hurry up! We have to get to class!" 

I ran up to Alya who was waiting for me by the school door. We ran into class and just made it on time. I sat down next to Alya and class started.

A few classes later, the lunch bell rung throughout the school. For lunch, Alya and I went to the bakery. We ate some sandwiches with a pastry or two and started back to school. On our way up to the door of the school, I tripped. I tried to steady myself but I failed so I just braced myself for the fall, but it never happened.

"Marinette! Are you okay?" 

That voice definitely did not belong to Alya and based off of her smirk I could tell who caught me. I stood up and the shock died down until I looked at him.

"U-Uh, h-hi Adr-adrien! I'm f-fine." 

I blushed furiously.

"That fall must've made some blood rush to your head, I'm sorry for not catching you sooner."

I could hear Alya murmur in the background "It wasn't the fall that made her red."

I glared at Alya then said with as few stammers as possible "It's fine-" 

"ADRIKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My ears. Chloe wrapped her arms around Adrien with no intention of letting go (like a parasite) and shoved me as discreetly as possible making me actually fall this time. 

I used my arms to get up and took a few steps back in order to get away from Chloe. "Oh, hi Dupain-Cheng. Adrikins, would you like to walk together to class?"

Adrien reluctantly agreed and walked with Chloe to class. 

- - -

We were in the middle of English class when I heard screams. Everyone was dismissed and ran home. On the way home, I slipped into an alleyway near the school and I transformed. I swear I heard a gasp, but I couldn't see anyone so I decided it was probably just my mind playing tricks on me. 

I used my yoyo to get to the akuma as fast as possible and I found them rather quickly. For a tactical approach, I decided to land on a nearby building to figure out the akuma's powers.

This villain was created by @CasualLattice25 check out her MCYT and Hermitcraft books!!

"I am Togethernator! I will handcuff people together so no one will be lonely ever again!!!"

Togethernator had earbuds in her hand. I watched as she used them as a whip on peoples hands and handcuffs magically appeared.

"Milady."

I turned around to see Chat looking at me with his chin on his staff.

"Chat! The akuma is in her earbuds. Let's get her stuck so she can't dodge."

"Got it bugaboo. Cataclysm"

Chat destroyed some of the road and Togethernator got stuck in the rubble. 

"Lucky Charm!

As I pulled down my yoyo, an old fashioned shield appeared. How can I use this?

After months of partnership, Chat Noir knew the drill so he distracted her while I was figuring out how to use my lucky charm.

"Meow-ch! You sure are angry, anger issues aren't in right now y'know?"

I looked around and figured out a strategy. I rushed in with my shield in front of me. Togethernator realized this and tried to attack me but I blocked the attacks with my shield. I was closing in quickly and soon I was right next to her. I moved my shield slightly and grabbed her earbuds. I was about to break them but I heard a noise from above me. I looked up to see rubble from a nearby building falling down on my head. The cataclysm must've reached farther than I thought. I quickly moved the shield over top of my head to cover me while I broke the earbuds with my foot.

"Time to de-evilize. Gotcha! Bye-bye little butterfly. Miraculous Ladybug!!

After everything, I helped the akumatized victim up and brought her home. After that, I swung back home because school was dismissed for the rest of the day.

- - -

The next day I got to school early, surprisingly, so I decided to talk with my friends. Alya, Adrien, Nino, and I were talking about the akuma yesterday when Chloe came up to us. She was looking at the ground and didn't even acknowledge Adrien like usual, she just said:

"Good morning. Marinette, can I talk to you really quick?"

Alya, Adrien, Nino, and I exchanged looks. This was way out of the ordinary. I turned back to Chloe and nodded, following her to the side of the school. I was kind of scared that she was going to do something like bully me or tell me to stay away from Adrien, but that wasn't it at all.

She looked up from the ground, stared me in the eyes and said "I'm sorry."

Of all things I expected, this wasn't it. In all my years of knowing Chloe I don't think she's ever apologized for anything. I looked at her, surprised and confused. ...What?

"Why-?"

"I'm sorry because I know you're Ladybug."

word count: 1033 (approximately)

oh shoot! i can make cliffhangers now I guess. i hope you enjoyed the chapter! :3

∙ ♡ ∙

FUTURE ME HERE! If you want to read a much better prologue, i tried to rewrite this fanfic but gave up after i reached this plot point so feel free to read my other, discontinued, fic called queen once more!(shameful self promo)