chapter 16: claws out

just a warning, i did a terrible job writing this (terrible grammar, just trying to fill up the space because it's so short, switching POV's too much, switching tenses 24/7, etc.) i have really bad writer's block right now but i haven't posted in forever so i decided to try to write something.

I ate my lunch quite quick and went back to school a little early. When I got there, Everyone was freaking out and running inside. I looked around to try and figure out why and saw an orange figure...

- - back in time - -

LILA'S POV:

Ugh, that stupid Marinette! She humiliated me in front of the entire school! I'm her problem? No! She's my problem!!! Ugh.

As soon as Marinette said that, I ran into the bathroom. She can't ruin my plan though... I got in a stall and seethed. I wasn't sad or embarrassed, I was just angry.

"'Perfect Marinette' huh? Well I don't care about how she freed herself from the akuma."

I looked around the stall, I even unlocked the door and opened it a little. Eventually, the purple butterfly that I longed for appeared.

"Hah!"

The butterfly was seemingly absorbed by my necklace. 

"Hello Lila, we meet again."

"Hello Hawkmoth."

"You want your lies to come to life again?"

"Yes."

"Very well,"

3RD PERSON:

A purple light engulfed her and she emerged as her iconic villain persona, Volpina.

She got up and started using her powers everywhere, making her lies come to life.

MARI'S POV:

Hmm, I wonder where everyone is... Inside?

I walked into the school and saw no one, so I just went into Mme. Bustier's classroom. As soon as I walked in, the door locked behind me.

Huh?!

"Marinette!"

Everything was a blur. One second I saw Volpina holding her flute out, pointed at me and then Adrien running towards me and shouting "CLAWS OUT!" Then there was Chat Noir and he shoved me out of the classroom...

No time to think about it. "Tikki, spots on!"

As soon as I said those words, red and black magic washed over me, turning me into Ladybug. I kicked open the door and helped Chat with the akuma.

The akuma is probably in the necklace, it was there last time.

I used my lucky charm and got a lasso. 

"How am I supposed to use this?"

Chat and I continued with our usual tactic, him engaging the akuma so I could safely look around to find the way to use my lucky charm. I realized what to do and went to help Chat.

Volpina used her normal trick and cloned herself. I pushed Chat out of the way and swung my lasso. I threw it and all of the illusions disappeared, allowing my lasso to wrap around Volpina for me to easily grab the necklace and break it.

"TIME TO DE-EVILIZE!"

I caught the akuma and opened my yo-yo, allowing it to fly away. 

"Bye bye little butterfly."

I unwrapped Lila and threw up my lasso.

"Miraculous Ladybug!"

"Pound it!"

I helped Lila up and gave her necklace back. Since school was canceled for the rest of the day, I just went home.

ahhhh, this is my least favorite chapter so far. i'm sorry, i just wanted to get a chapter out so i'm going to include a summary after this.

summary: lila gets akumatized into volpina, marinette is about to get hurt and adrien transforms in front of mari and volpina. mari escapes, transforms and they defeat volpina.

aside from this TRASHY CHAPTER, thanks for >400 reads! it means a lot to me!!

also, for all of you in the U.S., have a happy thanksgiving.

have a good day/night wherever you are in the world and write to you later!

word count: 596