chapter 9: sleepover

MARI'S POV:

Friday flew by. I finished my homework and made some designs. I also started making one of my designs. it was fun but i had to go to sleep after a while. I woke up the next day, really excited. Last night, amongst my designing, Alya and Chloe texted me wondering if I wanted to go to a sleepover at Alya's. I said yes, of course. 

I got my breakfast: some cereal, milk, and cocoa powder, and then ran back upstairs. I needed to pack. 

I got out my pink duffle bag I made (I made it when I made my purse and tank top) and set it on the floor. I went through my closet trying to find some clothes to wear. Eventually I settled on a pajama set and some clothes for Sunday. For today (since I was still wearing my pajamas) I chose a gray shirt and some pale pink jeans. I decided to wear my hair down too!

I put all of my toiletries, my sketchbook, my phone, and some other things in the bag and then closed it and slung it over my shoulder. I checked the mirror and ran through everything I packed in my head. I think I packed everything... I opened the hatch and headed downstairs. I grabbed some pastries my mom left on the counter and headed down to the door. Maman always gave me some pastries when I was going to Alya's or any of my friends houses. She thinks that food is the best way to communicate. (she's right. gimme some food and you just went up 10 places in my 'good friends' list)

I got to Alya's place and I headed into her room. Chloe was already there, sitting on the floor. I set my bag down and joined her. 

Overall, it was really fun! We ate a ton of food (mostly snacks), watched a movie or two, just talked, and eventually, we did truth or dare! 

"Okay. Next up, Truth or Dare!" Alya exclaimed.

Chloe and I looked at each other. This was not gonna go well.

"Do we have to?" Chloe asked.

"My house, my rules. Now, Marinette, truth or dare?"

I might have only known Alya for a few months, but I know that her dares are evil.

"Truth."

"Okay, who do you have a crush on?"

I guess Alya thought that Chloe didn't know I am head over heels for Adrien.

"Adrien."

Alya noticed how calm Chloe and I were.

"She knew already?!"

"Yep."

"And she's not mad? I thought she liked Adrien!"

Chloe interrupted: "I did, but I don't anymore."

My turn... "Chloe, truth or dare?"

"Umm, dare?"

I was expecting her to choose truth... hmm, I could always dare her to do something super embarrassing...

I brought them down outside of Alya's house and into the street. "Alya? Where's the closest place that a lot of people go to?"

"Umm, there's a mall just a few blocks from here."

"Perfect!"

We walked all the way to the mall for my very simple dare: "Chloe, I dare you to sing a Christmas song loudly in the middle of the mall."

Chloe never sings, so she looked embarrassed already, just from me saying the dare. She went in the middle and sung "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" and we ran to the food court to continue Truth or Dare.

Chloe dared Alya to steal a hotdog from the guy at the stand. She did but after the dare she paid for it. Then Alya dared me to go into the men's restroom. I did but I went right back out. (Luckily no one was in there...)

"Chloe, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Who do you like?"

"Um... (shoot) I l-like... nathaniel..." 

YES I SHIP NATHANIEL AND CHLOE! SORRY TO Y'ALL WHO SHIP HER WITH LUCA OR SHIP NATHANIEL WITH MARC! Don't worry, nathxchloe doesn't sail in this book SO PLZ KEEP READING!

word count: 636