chapter 12: princess justice

Alya grabbed Nino's hand and walked away with Lila (bringing her to the nurses office presumably), Adrien following them. Everyone dispersed, leaving Chloe and I in the center of the cafeteria.

I teared up really quickly and fell down on my knees. My friends just left me... for Lila? Just because of some photoshop? Well, I actually don't know whether it was photoshop or not,

"W-what did she show you g-guys?"

Chloe looked at me and got on her knees to comfort me.

"Lila showed us some photoshopped image of you kicking her."

I looked up at her, "Why did you think it was photoshop?"

"I know you Mari, you would never do something like that. Also, there was an outline around you, as if you'd been placed in the image. You looked pretty angry though, when did you last kick something, cause she probably used that."

I thought back... probably toda- oh right! "I kicked my locker closed this morning,"

"Oh yeah, I remember that..."

For a brief moment, I totally forgot that my friends left me.

"What's gonna happen with Lila? She's actually ruining my life."

"I-I wish I knew."

- - -

I ate part of Chloe's lunch. We sat at a table, just the two of us, with everyone glaring at us (mostly me). After we finished eating, I went to the bathroom and got cleaned up from all of the food on me. Then, we went to class.

Classes went by slower than ever before. Chloe let me sit by her since Lila took my usual seat and Sabrina was absent today, so it was fine. Everyone was glaring at me, but this time it was worse. I only had Chloe to comfort me, no Alya, no Nino, not even Adrien. I thought he believed in me!

He nodded and started walking past me, but I still heard him say "I'll always believe."

H-he doesn't believe in me, he couldn't have said that... Why doesn't he believe in me?! Why don't they believe in me?!

Class let out and we were finally dismissed to go home. I walked out to the courtyard and Chloe got in her limo. We waved goodbye and I turned around to go home, but there they were.

Alya, Lila, Nino, and Adrien stood there, not letting me pass. What do they want now?

"Marinette." Alya started. I looked straight at her.

"You are the worst person ever, I can't believe I ever was friends with you or believed you! Lila told me all the things you've done, and I'm done with this!"

Alya walked towards me... and slapped me. Again.

"a-alya" I tried speaking, but I teared up. I soon started sobbing, so I just pushed past them and ran into an alley nearby. 

"I JUST DON'T GET IT!"

Tikki tried calming me down, but nothing worked.

"Marinette! If you don't calm down, you could get akumatized!"

"Akuma, akuma. Is that all you care about? You just want someone to be ladybug! You don't care who it is! It could be Lila for all you care! You don't care about me just like how they don't care!"

"Mari, i do care about yo-"

"No you don't!"

- - -

UNKNOWN P.O.V.:

"My oh my... poor girl. No one cares about her anymore, such strong negative emotions. Perfect prey for my akuma. Fly away my little akuma, and evilize her broken heart!"

- - -

3RD PERSON P.O.V.:

"Tikki, I'm just DONE!"

A little purple butterfly floated towards the kwami and her owner, ready to cause havoc.

"Marinette! Akum- gasp"

The purple butterfly floated into Marinette's earring, causing both of them to stop talking. A thin purple outline framed Marinette's face...

"Hello. The people closest to you have broken you and I'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself and punish them."

Marinette stood up, overwhelmed by the akuma.

"Princess Justice, I am giving you the power to give people the justice they deserve, in return I ask for the miraculous of Ladybug and Chat Noir."

"Sounds fun Hawkmoth, they will finally get what they deserve!"

A purple glow surrounds Marinette, turning her into Princess Justice. Tikki flew off, to try and find help and she knew just the right person.

The purple glow succeeded, revealing Marinette in her new form...

"They will pay."

woah... that escalated fast. anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter! yes mari gets akumatized. it needed to happen okay? oh btw, 6 chapters left! (then the epilogue, but yeah) hope you're as excited as I am! again, sorry for infrequent posts. i'll post more in around 2 weeks (but the book might be done by then). still, have a wonderful day/night wherever you are in the world!

word count: 793