chapter 10: suspicions

It's Monday once again! I got ready, grabbed some breakfast, and ran to school. I was a little late, but when am I not. The teacher forgave me for being late again (thankfully) and I went to sit next to Alya. I could tell that some people like Alix and Kim still believed the rumors, but most of my classmates welcomed me as usual.

Class ended and I walked with Chloe to my next class. We have almost every class together and this is one of the classes that Alya doesn't have with me: History. Class went on as normal and we were let out early because our teacher knows we don't have large breaks between classes. Then I went to my next class, with Alya but I was wondering something.

Chloe had barely talked to me all day! I mean, she seemed iffy at the sleepover, like she had a secret that was bothering her, but today she's just deciding to stay silent! Sure, she said 'good morning' earlier and 'do you want to walk to class together' but nothing else. I hope she's okay. Maybe that secret's still bothering her...

I wonder what secret is bothering her... maybe i should ask-
No! It's bothering her. I'll just ask if she's okay, I shouldn't pry.

Class let out and it was time for lunch. I met up with Chloe and Alya and we headed for lunch at the bakery. We sat down and Alya got up to grab our food. Now is the perfect time! 

"Hey Chloe?"

She turned towards me and said "Yeah?"

"I was wondering if you're doing okay. You've been zoning out and you look bothered by something, I was just checking if you're okay!"

"Oh! I-I'm fine. Something's just... bugging me I guess..

"Oh, ok!"

Alya came over with our food and we started to eat. After our food, we headed back to school and finished our classes. I felt bad that Chloe didn't want to tell me what was bothering her, but it's okay. It's probably a personal issue. 

After school, I grabbed my stuff, waved goodbye to my friends and headed home. I followed my normal routine when I got home: homework, dinner, videogames or a movie, design, sleep.

I got in bed at a decent time for once, but I laid awake, thinking about what Chloe could possibly be hiding.

yay! i actually posted! sorry for the short filler chapter, i just wanted to get something out by the end of today and this was the only time i actually had time to write today! still, i hope you enjoyed the chapter and are excited for the next chapter: "chapter 11: proof"

have a good day/night wherever you are in the world!

word count: 432