chapter 8: interference

CHLOE POV (FINALLY!): 

I know that Adrien has a photoshoot today (from Marinette. honestly, she talks about him too much) and I know that they can get kind of boring, so I decided that I would tag along. It's in the park so it's fairly close. 

I walked there fairly quickly. The photoshoot was already set up and they had just started. I decided to sit on a park bench nearby. It was where I could see anything, but couldn't bother them and wouldn't be in any of the shots. 

It was nice. I watched him not as intently as I would've before, and I think I was becoming a really good friend. I even noticed that he wasn't enjoying it, but then again the photographer noticed too and gave him a quick break. 

He saw me and walked over. "Hey Chloe, didn't know you were gonna be here."

"Yeah, just thought that I could cheer you on!"

"Thanks!"

The photographer called him back. That was a short break. Everything was going well until I saw something. AN AKUMA! I looked back at Adrien, and then at the akuma. Adrien could wait. 

I dug through my bag and found an empty makeup container. I caught the akuma inside of it and ran into a nearby alleyway. I set the container on one of the crates in the alley so I could get my phone from my bag.

unlock, contacts.... marinette! call...

*doo doo doo!* my dialing tone started playing. Marinette picked up fairly quickly though.

"Yes Chloe?"

"Marinette! I was watching Adrien's photoshoot and then I saw an akuma so I captured it in one of my makeup containers."

"Oh! I'll be right there! Where are you? You didn't call me out in the park did you?"

"Of course not! I ducked into the alleyway in between the florist and the clothing store."

"Okay, on my way."

Marinette hung up, probably to transform. A minute later Ladybug swung into the alley. 

"Okay, where's the akuma?"

"Right there, in the jar."

She opened the jar and the akuma was... gone?

"Oh no."

"Where'd it go, Mari?"

"It's not exactly your fault, but the jar wasn't sealed all the way so it probably squeezed out of the jar while you were calling me."

"Which means?"

"Which means it's probably already akumatized someone by now. You should head back to the hotel, I'll get you if I need you."

"Okay, be safe!"

"I will!"

I made sure I had my bag and walked out of the alley. The hotel is only a few minutes from here so I should make it back safely. I then realized that Adrien was nowhere to be seen! I ducked into each alley nearby. His limo was still here so he must be nearby. Then I saw something...

"PLAGG, CLAWS OUT!"

Umm, how many of my best friends are superheroes? (all of them) I ducked behind a pile of crates. Adrien is Chat??? Wait a second... this means Adrien likes Ladybug and Ladybug likes Adrien! Oh geez, this is hilarious. Marinette is rejecting Chat, for Chat! 

I ran back to the hotel, not wanting Adrien to know I knew. It would be nice but then he might get suspicious. About what I don't know, but I do know that I shouldn't interfere with Ladybug and Chat Noir... too much.

AGAIN WITH THE SHORT CHAPTER! Why am I writing such short chapters? Sorryyyy, anyways, hope you enjoyed it. No adrienette, but at least we have an addition to the fandom! Adrienette shippers, welcome Chloe! :3

word count: 550?