chapter 1: forgiveness

Authors note: this takes place before Style Queen. I don't know the exact episode, but all you need to know is Chloe still likes Ladybug and is not Queen Bee. Enjoy!

"I'm sorry because I know you're Ladybug."

I swear my heart stopped. I felt a little awkward too so I looked at the ground.

"I'm so sorry. It was an accident. I was trying to find Sabrina during the akuma attack and I saw you transforming. I'm so, so sorry."

So I did hear someone gasp. Okay, how do I handle this...

"I'm also so sorry for how I've been treating everyone,"

I looked up at her. She looked genuine.

"It's not because you're Ladybug, it's because I realized it's wrong. I'm just... I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say except I'm sorry."

"T-That's okay." I was still in shock so it was hard to speak. 

"I just need to make sure that you won't tell anyone."

She nodded and raised her hand as if to seal the deal.

"I swear I won't tell anyone. I would never."

I nodded slightly and she dropped her hand. Then she spoke again.

"I was wondering... Could we start over.. As friends?"

It took me a second to process what just happened.

"Sure."

Chloe and I started chatting about some random stuff as we rounded the corner to go back to the front of the school. I then realized how weird this must be for other people. For years Chloe and I hated each other, and now we're friends? Alya walked towards us,

"Hey girl. What were you girls talking about?"

I just told her that she apologized for how she has been treating everyone and asked to be friends. Alya stared at me with a puzzled look.

"And you forgave her I'm guessing?"

"Everyone deserves a second chance."

"Okay then... If you really think that she's changed... but I'm not ready to become friends with her. I still need proof that she's changed."

I gave Alya a small glare and a sigh before bringing Chloe and Alya over to the boys.

Adrien and Nino looked at Chloe and back at me. do i have to explain again??? Alya looked at me with an 'I'll take care of it' look. I nodded and brought Chloe into the school.

"So..." she started "what's it like?"

"What's what like?"

She moved close to me and whispered in my ear

"Being ladybug"

"Oh, I mean it's kind of cool. I get to help people but the views are a nice bonus."

"Nice! I have a another question,"

I looked at her.

"Is Adrien why you keep rejecting Chat?"

"W-what?!" then I started rambling... "N-No of course not, me and Adrien you must be joking. we're just friends i mean sure he's cute and nice and the sweetest person I've ever met but no i-i mean-"

Chloe burst out laughing.

"Sorry, it's just you totally have a crush on Adrien!"

"What? But don't you have a crush on him too?"

"Yeah, well, no. I used to until I realized that I was only in for the money and fame. That's when I found someone that I like for their personality." she whispered the last part but I still heard it.

"Who?!"

"U-Um, later. We're almost to the classroom."

She was right. We entered the classroom and sat at our usual seats. I would say that everything went like normal, but it definitely didn't. Chloe was nice the entire time and Alya and I were the only ones not confused. She even told Sabrina that she would do her own homework.

After a few more classes, we were dismissed for lunch. Alya, Adrien, Nino, Chloe, and I all met up outside the school and headed to the bakery.

"So Chloe, have you ever had anything from my family's bakery?"

"Umm, no I haven't. But I'm excited to try some!"

We walked into the bakery and Sabine greeted us. 

"Marinette! Alya, Adrien, Nino!" 

She looked around us and saw Chloe.

"Good morning dear." 

I thought it was odd but we just brushed it off and headed upstairs to eat some lunch. I grabbed some croissants and made some sandwiches. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we went back to school. 

The entire day went by rather slowly and aside from Chloe acting nicer, it was rather normal. So normal that during physics class, we heard a scream come from outside the building.

"AKUMA!!!"

word count: 743