Chapter 7

Hey guys! This is part of a double update so if you haven't read chapter 6 go do that now! This chapter is a little short, but chapter 8 is a lot longer haha. Anyways, I hope you all are liking this book so far, and I hope you like this chapter! Enjoy!

Eve's POV:

I get in my car and start to freak out. Holy crap I'm getting coffee with Harry Styles. People are going to see me with Harry Styles. SAM IS GOING TO FREAK. I rush over to Sam's cafe, trying to get there before he does. I burst through the doors and headed straight to the counter. Sam walks over and sees my worried face. "Why do you look like you just hit a bird with your car?" She asks sarcastically. "Maybe because Harry Styles is going to be here in a few minutes to have a coffee with me and talk about some projects we are working on!" I exclaim. "NO WAY EVE! OH MY GOSH!" Sam yells. "Sam, promise me you will be cool." I say, knowing it's no use.

"Yeah of course." she says, her eyes glued to the doors. I am in so much trouble.

I get my coffee and sit towards the window so that I can keep an eye out for Harry. Before I know it I see him pulling into the parking lot. I motion to Sam that he is here and to stay calm. He parks and walks into the cafe, looking around for me. I wave him over to the table where I'm sitting. Yep okay this is happening don't be awkward.

Before I can say anything Sam walks over to the table and takes his order, fan girls a little, and then, with a little hesitation, walks away.

"Sorry about her, she can get a little crazy at times." I say finally breaking the silence between us. "Don't worry about it, I'm used to it." he says half laughing. Geez Eve he's famous he gets it. Change the topic. "I have to admit I'm surprised you asked me to join the team without knowing anything about me." I say honestly. "Well I'm not going to lie, I could tell you were a writer based on your lyrics. Granted I did look up Evangelines in the LA area and see if you were listed as a writer but either way I knew I wanted you on the team." He googled me. Harry Styles googled me. Woah. "What else did you find out about me? I say smiling. "Unfortunately not much." he responds. "Well, what do you want to know?" Who am I and where did Eve go? "Anything you want me to know." A freaking gentleman.

I'll be honest. I don't really know how much to share, but I just went with it.

"Well, I grew up in North Carolina. When I graduated high school I moved to LA to take over my grandmother's record store, but also to write. I started writing when I was younger and it just kinda stuck." I explain. He stares at me the whole time, like he is deeply interested in the conversation. I tell him more about myself. What I do in my free time, my favorite instrument to play. I even told him about Roman. "Man I need to meet Roman sometime, he sounds like a cool dude!" Sam overhears Harry say this and calls me over to the counter. "Sorry one sec, my friend is being an idiot." I say as I get up from the table.

I walk over to the counter and see Sam grinning. Oh crap she has a plan. "No. Whatever it is, no." I say, catching her off guard. "Okay just hear me out." she says ignoring what I just told her. "He wants to meet Roman right? Take him to see Roman! Then you guys can talk more, fall in love, and live happily famous ever after!" I rolled my eyes at her, making sure she knew how absurd she sounded. But maybe she was right, about the first part at least. Like Mitch said, us getting to know each other will help with the song writing.

I walk back to the table and sit down. Harry looks up at me and smiles. Stop being so attractive. I mean it. "Everything alright?" he asks, looking concerned. "Yeah no everything's fine, she's just crazy." I say, making him laugh. I'm getting pretty good at that.

"Hey I got a proposition for you." I say, getting butterflies in my stomach. "Go for it." Okay just ask him Eve. It's not that hard. "Since you aren't busy, we can go to my apartment and see Roman, and maybe even finish the song if you want. We'll just have to go to the record store because that's where my piano is." Omg I just asked Harry Styles to come to my apartment, how stupid am I? "Honestly, that sounds like a lot of fun. Sure I'm down! I'm sorry did I hear that correctly. Did he say yes? Okay uh I wasn't expecting that. "What's your address?" he asks, getting his phone out. I tell him my address and then we say bye to Sam. I'm pretty sure she almost fainted. We walk past the group of fans waiting outside, Harry stopping to take pictures with them. Wow a week ago I was given the wrong order at Chile's and now I'm hanging out with Harry Styles. If that isn't a glow up I don't know what is.

I make it to my apartment before he does, so I rush to clean up and warn Roman of what is about to happen. "Okay I know he is technically a stranger, but I promise he is a good guy so don't go pulling any overprotective stunts please." He stares at me then walks over to the living room. Fine, don't respond. I see how it is. A few minutes later I hear a knock on my door. Stay calm Eve, stay calm.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Ahhh so many thoughts were going through my head when I wrote this chapter! What do you think is going to happen next?

I hope you guys are liking this book! As I upload more chapters I get more excited for you guys to see how their story progresses haha! Stay tuned for chapter 8!