Chapter 5

Hello Kittens,
It's been a long time. How are you all doing? I hope everyone is fit and healthy. Well, I'm now (being covid positive and all) 😪

So, here's Dom making his devilish presence. Enjoy.
**********************************************************************

Dominic

Valentina De Luca had sent me an invite to visit her, I couldn't refuse. After all, she is The Elder.

I step out of the car lending the key to the valet. He takes the key bowing.
Good.
By now, they should be knowing what my relation to them is.

The French styled mansion is beautiful. I have heard it was a gift from the late capo to his wife.

"She's waiting for you." Another guard appears, he bows ushering me inside the mansion.

I am impressed with the interior decor. Although, it is french styled it has a unique modern touch. I follow the guard into the backyard. We pass the corridor that directs to the backyard. Photos and portraits are displayed on the wall as we pass by. Most of them are in black and white. Most of which are of late capo with his wife and children.

The late capo was a vicious man who everyone feared. His mere presence in the room made people tremble. The coldness that swept when he entered surpassed the arctic ocean. That is how we the men from families like ours are made. Emotionless. Cold.

We reach the backyard the sight leaving me thrilled by its scenic view. The sun is setting on the horizon. You don't get this view back in Vegas. Although the view has it's own charms there.

"He's here Madre," he announces. Madre? My brain tapes the way he calls her.

Valentina De Luca is known for taking in sheltered boys. I guess he's one of them.

My attention zooms at the two women in front of me. She looks frail than the last time I saw her. But the one standing beside her takes my breath away, to say the least.
Is it the late sun setting or was her skin always like that? Tanned.

Her eyes widen as she takes me in. A small smirk sports on my lips as I make my way towards them. I deliberately walk like a predator taking pleasure in the change of expressions on her face. Expressions dances on her face like that in the stormy rain. Last time I saw her at her father's mansion she wanted to run away but now, she's trapped here with me.

Shock is plastered on her face, her pouty lips slightly open. My groin twitches at her sight. Her yellow dress hugs her tiny body dangling around her knees. As always it's high neck embroidered dress. I can't wrap my head around it. Why does she always wear high neck dresses? I will find out. Soon. Very soon. Once she's my bride she will have to abide with my rules. Her chest does not rise and fall, which explains she's not breathing. I allow my gaze to rake over her body shamelessly.

I don't hide the fact that I'm checking her out. Lust clouds my vision replaced by anger and hatred. My nostrils flare, red blinding me. I immediately morph my face into the smiling one.

"How are you, signora?" I bend down to kiss the old woman. To my surprise, she envelopes me in her hug. I still for a moment later allowing my hand to circle around the old women.

"Drop the honorifics, Figlio. Call me Nonna." Figlio. Son. The Valentina De Luca just called me son. Why am I not surprised? Dad did warn me, she is a woman full of surprises.

"Bambina, aren't you going to say hello to your fiancee?"

Liliana's eyes snap at me. The brown hazel orbs widening. Fear registered in them.