Chapter 20

2 Months later.

AYUSH'S POV.

School has resumed since but am resuming today, Fatima is coming over to pick me up "ke Ayush be fast" she yelled while I was in the closet getting dressed.

I got dressed in a red ankara skirt and blouse with a matching veil.

"You're finally done, abeg let's go, by the way Ya Amir is taking us" Fatima said using her phone. I bet she's chatting with ya Hafiz cause she has been grinning like an idiot.

"Ke let's go Ya Hafiz is going to work now, I have to go say bye" she said and walked out of the room.

I walked downstairs to the dining area and munched on my waffles "ayush are you done" Fatima asked.

"Yeah"

"Are you ladies ready" ya Amir asked glaring at us and I heard him mumble something about women being late.

"Yes" Fatima and I chorused. We went out to the parking space and got in the car, Fatima and I at the back, leaving the passenger's seat vacant, there was a comfortable silence before Fatima broke it.

"Ya Amir you're so lucky you've graduated you don't have to deal with this"

"Yeah" he replied, they started a conversation while I was just quiet thinking of Farhan, how we met, his birthday, my birthday, how he told me about his feelings and all.

"We're here" ya Amir brought me back from my train of thoughts.

"Oh"

"Ayush let's go" Fatima said. I nodded and alighted the car. When we got to the hall people started gossiping.

"Ayush would have been a widow by now"

"She's even lucky he didn't marry her"

"I heard he had cancer and he didn't tell her"

"Maybe he never loved her that's why he hid such a thing from her"

"Ha'a how far"

"Your boyfriend I mean your late boyfriend kept a huge secret for you, why?"

"Allah sarki, so touching"

"You're even lucky you would have been a widow by now" they all continued talking trash to my face.

"Ayush you forgot your..." Ya Amir stopped on his track when he saw me.

"Why are you crying" he furrowed his brows.

"They were talking trash to her face" Fatima replied.

"Why?"

"You know what, I don't even want to know, if any of you make her cry again, if you dare to try that again I won't mind if you're a female or a male I am going to show you your right place" he said pointing his index finger at them.

"So behave" he said in between gritted teeth angrily and that made them shut.

"Thank you" I muttered.

"No problem, now wipe your tears kinji" he said and I did as he said.

"Bye" he gave me my book and walked out.

****

"Ayush ya hafiz has asked me out today" Fatima said.

"Uhmm okay, I'll come over and help you get dressed" I said and hung up, I grabbed my veil and ambled out of the room.