Scoundrel

A/N: Finally time for some happy Reylo, maybe even a little spicy Reylo ;)

"Ben, come to bed," Rey says in nearly a whisper from behind him where he leans over the communications table in the lower level of the house directly next to their small underground hangar.

Following the conclusion of the Battle of Canticano, Ben had flown the transport to exchange ships with the Knights, trading for a redesigned version of his previous TIE fighter that would actually fit in the small hidden hanger and had acquired holopads that they could use without the First Order knowing.

"I need to finish this before I'll be able to sleep," Ben mumbles, his eyes scanning quickly over the words displayed on the tablet in front of him, the blue light illuminating his face.

"What is it?"

"The resistance retreated once they realized we were gone. Both sides have since sent spies to look for us and report back."

"Do we know where the resistance base is yet?"

"We do not. Due to the damage the base took during the attack and the lack of Star destroyers present at the moment, we were apparently unable to track them."

"Who is this report from?"

"Lieutenant Primlos," he sighs, attempting to hide his frustration that she's making it hard for him to focus on the text in front of him.

"I thought you were about to say Pryde," Rey rolls her eyes and plops down in the chair across from him, her hands immediately moving to her stomach that is still perfectly flat. "We should really see a medic soon."

"I can arrange that," he agrees, his eyes still trained on the tablet.

"How?"

He lets out another exasperated sigh and powers the tablet down, resting it on the desk next to him and turning to her, the small desk lamp the only source of light in the room.

"We can have a medic transported to live here secretly."

"Won't that tip Pryde and the other generals off to our whereabouts."

"Not if I have the knights arrange discrete arrangements."

Rey sucks her lip into her mouth, chewing on it and squinting her eyes at him in thought. "You're going to have them kidnap a medic aren't you?"

"I don't question their methods anymore and neither should you. Trust me, I've worked with them long enough."

Rey rolls her eyes, turning in her chair and scanning the wall of old control panels and monitor screens. "Who owned this place before you?"

"A Galatic Order arms dealer."

"So how did it become yours?"

"I found it once when I was explicitly looking for a place to lock myself away in and be alone for a while. Starting in the town under disguise, I ventured into the woods despite the warnings of the locals and happened across this place. After exploring and then returning to town to ask about it, I learned it had sat abandoned for years before I found it because the locals want nothing to do with it. They claim they can feel the evil within the walls so it just laid empty. Plus, they're all too afraid of the forest to ever venture up here or even speak about what resides in the trees."

"So we don't need to worry about them tipping off the First Order or Resistance?"

"No, they are rarely aware of when I'm even here, only if I come into town, but even then, they're so frightened by me that they go above and beyond to be nice to me."