Blind Rage

"Ready?" Kylo says as he looks up at Rey across the slate grey table in the weapons design room on the second morning following her arrival. He had been working closely with the weapons specialist to design a sleek saber for her in hopes that she would join him one day and she would have a need for it. She nods with a small anticipatory smile on her face, following his lead for proper reactions since they're currently not alone and are being watched by the weapon's specialist.

Rey watches in awe as he opens the long metal box and pulls out the double-ended lightsaber hilt he has been telling her about the last two days. It's matte charcoal grey with a hinge in the middle that allows it to be used as a double-bladed saber or a staff at her discretion.

"Before we add the crystals, try it out," Kylo holds it out and motions for Rey to pick it up. She reaches out and grabs it timidly and her eyes light up as her skin comes in contact with the metal, sending goosebumps up her arm which Kylo feels faintly running up his own arm. With a small flick of her wrist, the saber folds out into a short staff and she folds it back up with the same amount of ease. "What do you think?" He asks, watching her with excitement.

"It's perfect," Rey smiles and flicks it back out again into a straight line,

Kylo doesn't say anything as he pulls out another small sleek metal box and motions for her to trade the saber for the box. "Open it," he says as he locks her saber in the open position and works to release two compartments for the crystals. Rey opens the box slowly to reveal two small bleeding red crystals which she places carefully into the saber following Kylo's directions and guidance.

Once the compartments are secured again, Kylo folds her saber up and hands it back to her carefully. He watches her in anticipation and leans forward onto the table as she looks at it and takes a deep breath in, which she releases back out in slow motion, puffing her cheeks out as she does. Shivers run through his body as she kicks it out to a straight line and ignites it in a single fluid movement. The noise is harsher and louder than the blue saber she had been using and a crackling red light shines out from both ends, casting the entire room and her in a red hue.

"I love it," Rey says as she maneuvers it around her in effortless circles, a smile pulling at the corner of her mouth, the buzzing sound of the blades surging and rippling as she spins it, making rotations around her body.

"Final touch," Kylo walks towards her around the table as she disengages her saber, and he wraps a double strap black leather belt around her waist she immediately secures the saber in it. "Let's go try it out in the training room."

He grabs her hand excitedly and pulls her behind him, leaving the weapons specialist in the room without exchanging any more words. Everyone in the halls move quickly out of their way as their boots boom towards them, the cadence of their steps not breaking even for the small droids that zip in front of them, beeping frantically.

When Rey came out of the bathroom this morning, Kylo had been impressed and surprised by her change in appearance. She had elected to leave her hair down instead of pulling it back and had added a little dark makeup to her eyelids and eyelashes that contrasted her hazel eyes and made them even more stunning. Rey's attempt at trying to assimilate to life here on the destroyer with him hasn't gone unnoticed and he was finding her small changes in even the second day since her arrival increasingly attractive.

"Don't hit me this time okay?" Kylo watches her eyes intensely as he removes his saber from his belt and ignites it, taking his stance with one foot splayed out further than the other, slightly further than shoulder-width apart, with the saber vibrating and humming in his hand.

"I told you, don't piss me off," Rey teases as she takes her saber off her belt and flicks it open so it's straight in a fluid motion naturally as if it's an extension of her own body. As she spins it next to her, it ignites and she stands across from him with a smirk on her face, half of it cast in red light from her saber. Her moving so naturally with it and the red hue cast on her soft skin gives him butterflies and he gulps down the feeling creeping up his chest.