F I F T E E N: The Fires on the Other Side

I was awake long before it happened. My ears pricked to the sound of unfamiliar voices. The memory of them drugging me was still fresh, but I couldn't let them know I was awake.
They left shortly after I had awaken, the door closing so softly it almost sounded like they cared. I hadn't been kidnapped many times before, but from what I could remember, my captors didn't tuck me in.
Mr. Forkle warned me people could be deceptive though. This drew me to imagine him pacing the floor fearfully right now and my stomach turned sour.
Finally I dredged up the reluctant courage to sit. My eyes squinted open and I was relieved to find myself alone in the darkness. Immediately I pulled the cover off. Quietly as I could, I got to my knees and peeked under the door. Two large, gray feet hardened with fighting swayed on the other side. I expected as much, but it was still surprising. I'd never heard of goblins teaming up with the Neverseen. Although they did say they weren't the Neverseen......
So who were they?
I had to forgot my question until it was safe to ponder it. Right now, I had to get out. The windows outside of the bedroom were up high, but not high enough. At least I could levitate myself to the roof from there. Then I'd be able to teleport out.
A part of me tugged at my plan, telling me to stay and learn more before I left. But I would rather be safe and oblivious than trapped with knowledge I couldn't share.
My fingers pressed up against the glass and I tested out the window pane. I couldn't break it without the goblin hearing, but I wondered if I could somehow pop it out. Grabbing an old looking letter opener from the desk, I set to work.
Who ever these people were, they obviously were terrible at kidnapping. The glue lining the pane was strange and it took me a while. When the glue was pushed between two things, it was hard as rock. But if I created a little space between the glass and the window frame, the glue would melt down to a slimy substance in seconds. I used the letter opener to pry a few centimeters of space between the frame and watched as the right side of glue fall cleanly down, puddling at my feet.
Being careful to not get my feet caught in it, I pulled the window over to the right and into the space the glue had taken. The left side of glue dissolved the same. The top and bottom sides of glue were harder, but soon enough the only thing keeping the window in the frame were my arms.
Barely wrapping my arms around the glass, I dropped it to the bed. A breeze covered with unknown scenes blew through and I smiled. I couldn't wait to tell Mr. Forkle about this.
I secured my feet on the window frame and placed my hands on either side of the wall. Taking a deep breath, I peeked.
The roof was only a few hundred feet above. I hoped my telekinesis would be able to handle it after the drowsiness of drugs clouding my mind. Grumbling softly under my breath, I stepped out.
Nothing would ever prepare for whenever I levitated. The dizziness hit me faster than expected and I dropped a few feet. Clamping a hand over my mouth, I closed my eyes and pushed up shakily. My foot bumped along the side of the building for a few seconds, then I felt nothing but air. Opening my eyes, I rolled out onto the roof.
My fear had subsided now and pride filled the hole left behind. I pushed myself to my feet and immediately a bad feeling hollowed itself into me. The quiet breeze which had been so soft and gentle with scents of earthy wet grass and muted flower petals was now gone. I could only smell one thing.
Smoke.
I should have just jumped. I should have just left. But I had to know. Spinning around I confirmed my fears. The entire fields covering the other side of the mansion were in flames. A figure flew through the smoke, their telekinesis built up through weeks, months of captivity. I already knew who the shadow was before I could run.
My feet scrambled to the edge, but I could feel the tug and pull of someone's impossibly strong telekinesis pushing me back. A crisp voice that was bored so strongly into my brain it was instinct to cry, spoke.
"Where do you think you're going?" Fintan grinned.