Bread Winning

"All rights reserved

"All rights reserved." 2023©️ Copyrights fully belong to Mari Villarreal. This work is solely fictional; any similarities to characters, places, or events are merely coincidences. I do not allow any part of this book to be copied or adapted anywhere without my consent or permission.
🥊❤️🥊❤️🥊❤️🥊❤️🥊❤️

Russell Knight stares at the running water pouring down the faucet filled with his blood. His hands were swollen and red, filled with cuts from the numerous times he pounded into his opponent's face and upper body. Sweat runs down his face. His heart still pounding fast in his ear.

His knuckles linger with a sting, his body trembles of exhaustion. But the adrenaline pumping through his veins keeps him hipped with excitement.

"Alright, kid

"Alright, kid... you did good tonight. I'll see you next week. Don't be late." Mark taps him on his shoulder as he slaps the stash of hundred-dollar bills on top of the faucet.

He glances towards him through the mirror. His eyebrows narrowed and filled with uncertainty and rage all in one.

"Hey man... that was an incredible fight you gave out there by the way. That uppercut of yours is killer man. That guy didn't even see it coming." He chuckles, nodding his head. He taps Russell on his shoulder again before turning on his heel and walking out of the dimness of the empty locker room.

He sighs, closes the tap, and grasps the stack of money. He makes his way to his locker. He opens his locker, takes his shirt out, and places it back onto his body. His shirt sticking to the sweat of his skin, but he doesn't care. He just wants to get home soon as he can.

He has a deadline to meet. Tomorrow is the last day the librarian promised to hold his books for him. He was still three hundred dollars short when he went to buy his books for this upcoming semester.

When his uncle called him to ask him if he'd had enough to pay for all his books, classes, and tuition, he didn't want to.to worry him. He simply gave him an affirmation that all was good and taken care of. He'd already done so much for him.

Having to take care of him since the age of ten when his parents were tragically killed in that awful plane crash. He didn't have to take care of him anymore, but he refused to leave Russell all alone. Refusing Russell to pay for his college without his help.