1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜, 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚟𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎! 𝙽𝚘𝚠 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚐𝚛𝚞𝚖𝚙𝚢 𝚑𝚞𝚜𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...

𝙸𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚖 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑? 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚋𝚊𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝙰𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚒𝚝...

𝚂𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚎𝚍, 𝙼𝚛𝚜. 𝙵𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸𝚗𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sighed as you pressed the publish button, sending your small rant out for the world to see.

This was your life. Waking up in the morning and then writing on your secret blog during your little free time at work.

...

You fidgeted with your key, trying to get your door to lock

You fidgeted with your key, trying to get your door to lock. Feeling one out of two pairs of eyes on your back. A small shiver of embarrassment crawled up your neck, you knew exactly who they belonged to. 

After finally getting the door locked, you let out a huff of relief before straightening up and turning to head for the exit of the apartment building. Once you turned you made eye contact with the slick eyes that you had guessed were going to be there.

Ever since the time he helped you get into your apartment the last time you locked yourself out, he's given you this little smile whenever he sees you.

You couldn't help but feel mesmerized by the golden hues of your hero neighbor as you reciprocated the smile with a tiny wave, he returned the gesture bashfully, placing his hand on his neck realizing that he got caught staring.

"Are you even listening to me?!" A high-pitched voice screeched, the other person, Niko. Hawk's fiance.

"I was just going to say hi to-"

"There you go again, jabbering away like a stupid idiot!" She yelled, interrupting him, his face shifting in annoyance.

He gave you an apologetic glance, the flash of shame and embarrassment shining in his eyes. "Can we do this later? I have this meeting with Endeavor to prepare for, the one where I'm going to ask him to be partners for a side mission."

His statement was only received by a scoff from the female, "like he's gonna want to partner with you. He'd have to be pretty desperate to stoop that low."

Hawks was taken aback by the comment, he glanced over at you for a second, wanting nothing more than to disappear right then and there. The way he looked at you, you could see the embarrassment in his eyes. You wanted him to know that you didn't think any less of him, that you didn't believe Niko's awful words.

"Uh-Good Morning!" You squeaked, coughing to try to cover your nervous voice crack.

Niko's body immediately stiffened at the sound of your voice. She let out a small groan (that you could definitely hear) before turning and plastering a fake smile to greet you with. "Oh, hey Y/n, didn't see you there."

"Well, I'm here. Getting ready to work," you answered with passive-aggressive cheeriness.

"Oh, that's right! I, uh, should be going too." Niko chirped before turning to her partner, "I'll see you later, honey!" She reached up to peck him on the cheek before making her way down the hall.

Both your and his eyes trailed after her in silence before turning to each other once she left. "Thanks for the save Y/n. I really appreciate it." He thanked, his smile now genuine and his wings fluttered a bit behind him, making him look taller.

"Anytime. See you around Hawks~" You teased sending him a small wink before also making your way down the hall, on your way to work.