04. The Rules

I can't believe I'm doing this

     If I had to go back in time and tell my past self that I'd be paying the soccer team a visit during their practice, my past self would accuse my current self of fraud. I mean, here I am, pacing behind the empty bleachers like an idiot. No, I am an idiot. A big one at that, for actually agreeing to Donghyuck's not less than absolutely ridiculous plan. When Renjun finds out about this, he's going to flip.

     Loud grunts and shouts and sounds of balls being kicked make me even more nervous. It's kind of ironically funny that I have a bad impression of soccer thanks to Donghyuck. Back in high school I had been walking past the soccer field when a ball struck me in the butt. I fell to my knees, hissing in pain, but at the same time was hoping that the guy who accidentally hit me would be my magical prince charming. When it was Donghyuck who came up to me for the ball with a grin and an unapologetic "Oops", I realized that the prince charming crap only works in dramas and that it wasn't an accident.

And I also wish that I could say it only happened once.

     As I wait for Donghyuck's cue for me to make my grand entrance as his 'girlfriend', my mind recalls our conversation from the day in Courtroom when we first came to this stupid arrangement.

     Rule One: we only have to show that we're the greatest couple on this planet to A) Mark Lee and B) the soccer team.

     "Rules? We're going to have rules?" Donghyuck had whined.

     "Fake dating is a complicated matter, of course we need to have rules," I argued. "These rules would make sure that we have defined borderlines—"

     Donghyuck's dramatized yawn cut me off and I threw one (precious) french fry at his face.

     "Anyways," I glared at him. "We only have to act like we're a couple for like ten minutes each time; when I visit you during soccer practice and when you come pick me up when I'm working on my assignment with Mark. Feel lucky that we spend the most time together in Justice and we don't have to pretend that we're dating there."

     "God bless." Donghyuck retorted.

     Rule Two: no limitations to physical contact, especially in front of party A, Mark Lee.

     "I thought you said you don't believe in rules!" I mocked Donghyuck.

     "As much as I find the idea of touching you distasteful, Peach," I huffed in full offense. "I prioritize consent. Tell me what's okay for me to do and what's off-limits."

     "No limits." I easily replied.

     "Wait, really?"

     "Mark always thought I'm too physically distant when it was him who made me feel that way. I kinda want to show him that the affection I give is a reciprocal of the affection I get, which makes it his fault."