11. The Navy Blue Tie

I have no idea how much time I spent racking my brain for ideas of what to do

     I have no idea how much time I spent racking my brain for ideas of what to do. Even if I can get Renjun to pick me up at this exact second, I don't think I can make it to the front door without worrying about Niagra Falls cascading down my legs. I resort to texting Donghyuck, "wondering" if he happens to have any sanitary pads or painkillers; the former is unlikely, since I doubt there'd be a stash of feminine hygiene products somewhere in a house shared by two single men, but it's worth a shot. Instead of an immediate reply though, a knock comes on the door instead.

     Ah, crap. Maybe I should've texted Jeno, I'm closer to him. Then again, I really hope Jeno isn't still in the living room to witness this. Not that I'm embarrassed about getting my period or anything—I'm only embarrassed that I got my period in an unfamiliar place and came absolutely unprepared and would probably have to get somebody else to get me what I need. And I ruined my newly bought underwear.

     Slowly, I open the door just enough to see half of Donghyuck's concerned face. Before I can think of the right words to say, Donghyuck opens his mouth first.

     "Text me the brand of the pads you always use. I'll get them for you." rather than an offer, Donghyuck's making a demand. As much as I hold onto my principle in life—one should always avoid owing Lee Donghyuck—I'm not in a position to say no.

     Fifteen minutes later full of anxious glances at my watch and spiritually attempting to halt my own bleeding, there's another firm knock. I open the door to a large plastic bag, a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants.

     "W-wait, what are the clothes for?"

     "I didn't think you'd be comfortable staying in that top and those jeans." Donghyuck's voice is slightly muffled from behind the ajar door.

     "No, Donghyuck, I don't want to get them dirty—" the door abruptly closes in my face. Which means he won't take no for an answer. Well, if he insists. These clothes that I've been wearing since morning for classes have been suffocating me.

     Wait. I heard the dangling of keys as the door closed—could be his car keys or his bike keys, I'm not sure, but he had to drive to get me this stuff? I thought there'd be a pharmacy or convenience store somewhere in this apartment block. Shit, now I'm feeling more indebted.

     The contents of the plastic bag are all that I need, except for a packet of adhesive heating pads that I'm sure I didn't ask for. According to the instructions on the back, it's exclusive for assisting in the relief of menstruation cramps. I know I didn't ask for this since I already have a waterbag waiting at home, so Donghyuck must've put in an extra thought. That's... sweet of him.

Once I'm in a cleaner and comfier state, the heating pad working its quick magic on warming up my lower abdomen, I walk out of the bathroom with my clothes folded under my arm. Donghyuck's sweats that are oversized on me feel so comfortable that I think I can sleep in them. Speaking of their owner, I suck in a deep breath as I twist the doorknob open, nervous about the aftermath of tonight's situation. I look away from Donghyuck, who's looking directly at me, and focus on stuffing my clothes into my backpack.