13

Dear Diary,

Namjoon is so kind.

I'm thankful for him.

Showering in Namjoon's house was very awkward for Yoongi, but it was also relaxing. He didn't have to worry about Hoseok barging in to join him or give unwanted advances. As he showered, it sank into his mind that he was going to need to think of something to tell Hoseok. There was no doubt in his mind that Hoseok knew what Jungkook had done. When he'd return home, Yoongi would need to think of an explanation to tell Hoseok of how he got cleaned up.

Something that gave Yoongi comfort was the fact that the bathroom door was locked securely. At home, he was forbidden to lock the bathroom door for any reason. It was definitely nice to have some security as he got out of the shower and used a plush towel to dry himself. It made Yoongi want to cry again. He hated how often he cried, but he couldn't help it. Being in such a fragile state and stuck in a painful situation, even the smallest amount of kindness brought him to tears.

Once he was dry, Yoongi put on the clothes he was borrowing from Namjoon and frowned when he realized that Namjoon had given him a short-sleeve shirt. His hand touched his bare forearm as he sighed. He had needed to take off his dirtied bandage before showering. What was he going to use to cover his arm now? Unlocking the bathroom door, Yoongi opened it and stepped out into the hallway. Which way was the living room? He'd passed it earlier when Namjoon had shown him where the bathroom was located, but he couldn't remember."Namjoon..?"

Namjoon heard the soft call of his name and poked his head out of the kitchen, looking down the hall."I'm in here, Hyung." He returned to the stove, where he was boiling some chopped vegetables.

Yoongi padded his way down the hall and into the kitchen, standing near the doorway awkwardly. He felt so shy. He wasn't used to being in another person's house. He wasn't used to being somewhere without Hoseok. He certainly wasn't used to having a friend. Wait, was Namjoon his friend? He didn't know."I'm sorry..."

Hearing that apology, Namjoon looked over at Yoongi with confusion."About what?"

"I should have asked before using your shampoo and soap." Yoongi had needed to get clean and used things that didn't belong to him. That was always against the rules.

That made Namjoon chuckle."It's fine. I'm glad you were able to enjoy a nice shower. Your comfort is my first priority right now."

Yoongi stiffened up."Really?"

"Yup. I'll do all that I can right now to help you feel better. A shower, clean clothes, food, anything you need." Turning off the burner he was using, Namjoon smiled at the smell of the vegetables."I hope you like vegetables. I made plenty." Turning to face Yoongi, he almost panicked at the sight of the smaller guy rubbing his eyes and clearly starting to cry."Shit, did I upset you? If I did, I'm really sorry." Namjoon rushed closer to Yoongi and tried to figure out what he had done to make the other cry.

"Namjoon, you're..." Yoongi sniffled as his lips quivered."You're so kind."

A smile found its way onto Namjoon's lips at those shaky words."I'm just doing the right thing." Taking a chance and hoping he wouldn't scare Yoongi, Namjoon reached out and gently pat the other guy's head. To his pleasure, Yoongi didn't flinch."Is there anything else I can do for you right now to make you more comfortable?"

Yoongi lowered his hands away from his face and curled his arms close to his chest."Um...Can I...have a different shirt?" he asked as he shifted his gaze to the side."A long-sleeve shirt please?"

"Long-sleeve?" Being that it was fairly warm in his home, Namjoon didn't understand until he noticed what Yoongi seemed to be trying to hide."Yeah, of course. I'll get you one then serve our breakfast. Hang on just one second." He didn't want to draw attention to what he had seen, knowing it would just make Yoongi uncomfortable. Instead, he just walked out of the kitchen and to his bedroom. Namjoon figured he should have known that was a likely possibility. The only good thing he could draw from the sight of those cuts on Yoongi's forearm were that they appeared to be almost healed. They weren't too recent. Still, he understood why Yoongi would want to cover them.