19

When it came time to get ready for work, Namjoon was confused as to why Yoongi was sleeping on the floor in front of the couch. He had asked, but Yoongi had only shrugged in response. Namjoon expressed the wish to skip work with Yoongi but knew they couldn't. If they both missed work, Hoseok would know something was up. After all, he knew that they were close. Of course, he didn't know exactly how close they were. He knew nothing of their confessions to each other or their kisses, and it would be best to keep it that way. So they both got ready for work, not wanting to do so.

A knock on the front door sent panic through them both, Yoongi more so."Namjoon." Yoongi spoke lowly, not wanting to be heard by whoever was at the door."Who is it? No one from work can know I'm here." He knew that, if it was any of Hoseok's friends, his car would be recognized."I'm in so much trouble."

"It'll be okay, Hyung. I'll see who it is." Namjoon gently pat Yoongi's head."Wait here." Leaving Yoongi in the living room, he went to the front door and opened it, biting his lip when he saw Seokjin."Uh, Hyung, you need something?"

Seokjin, indeed, recognized Yoongi's car, knowing the hated guy was inside."Walk to work with me." he said flatly."You can't go to work with him. You know that."

At first, Namjoon thought the worst, but something else came to mind, a different possibility."Are you giving him an alibi?" If he walked to work with Seokjin, he could pretend Yoongi hadn't spent all afternoon at his house.

"I'm giving you an alibi." Seokjin knew things had to be worded carefully. To let Namjoon know what he was meaning behind his words, he winked.

This was the greatest thing Namjoon could ask from Seokjin in this moment."I have to finish getting ready. Come on in for a minute." He hoped Yoongi wouldn't mind. If Seokjin was on their side now, Yoongi needed to know that he had another ally.

Seokjin didn't think Yoongi liked that though. When he stepped inside, he heard quick foosteps, obvious running. Then, a door closed."I don't think he wants to be near me. That's understandable."

"Have a seat in the living room. I'm ninety-nine percent sure he went to the bathroom. I'll see if I can get him to come out." Namjoon understood why Yoongi wouldn't want to be near Seokjin. Despite Seokjin not doing anything to bother him for the past month, he was still seen as one of Hoseok's friends. That might be different though. If Seokjin was here now and providing an alibi, that meant he finally believed what Namjoon told him, right? Going to the bathroom, Namjoon saw that the door was closed, indicating that Yoongi was in there. So he knocked on the door lightly."Yoongi-hyung, everything's okay. You can come out. Seokjin-hyung isn't going to tell Hoseok."

Yoongi didn't believe that. Sure, he trusted Namjoon, but he didn't trust Seokjin. He didn't respond, just stayed quiet within the bathroom. What was he expected to say? Was he expected to just come out of the bathroom and go to Seokjin? Was he supposed to just put his trust into someone who hadn't proven himself to be trustworthy? He couldn't. He was too scared of Seokjin telling Hoseok. Even if he didn't come out of the bathroom while Seokjin was there, Hoseok could still be told. If that happened, Yoongi would be punished after work.

"Hyung, please." It was silent for another ten seconds before Namjoon was relieved to see the bathroom door open."Hey there." He reached out and used two fingers to stroke Yoongi's cheek."Everything's okay. I promise."

"I'm not here on behalf of Hoseok, Yoongi." Seokjin spoke from behind Namjoon.

Yoongi immediately pulled away from Namjoon and tried to retreat back into the bathroom, but when he tried to close the door, he was met with a groan of discomfort when the door closed on Seokjin's foot, which had been swiftly stuck in the way.