24

"Wait, they said what?" Jungkook was highly confused, and so was Jimin.

"I haven't said anything to Hoseok-hyung about it because I didn't want to upset him, but Namjoon-hyung and Seokjin-hyung are both believing Yoongi-hyung, I guess." Taehyung was trying to explain to Jungkook and Jimin what he'd been told, but it wasn't make much sense to him either.

Jimin moved his hands up to rub his temples dramatically."Let me get this straight. They told you that Hoseok-hyung is lying about everything, and Yoongi-hyung isn't the abuser?"

"Yeah. They said Hoseok-hyung is the abuser. I don't want to believe it because Hoseok-hyung is our friend. He wouldn't be such a horrible person, right?" Taehyung was desperate. He wanted proof that Hoseok wasn't a bad person, that their precious hyung wouldn't lie to them and use them all like pawns.

Jungkook had an idea of what might be happening though."You know, Yoongi-hyung was really quiet and polite when we were explaining the accident to Sooyoung-noona last night. Even though he could have gotten me and Jimin-hyung punished or even fired for being unsafe, he didn't." he explained."That confused me, so I asked Hoseokie-hyung about that behavior. He said that Yoongi-hyung acts like that in public to trick people into thinking he's shy, but he acts completely different at home. Hoseokie-hyung told me that we're the first people to believe him because Yoongi-hyung's act usually fools everyone into thinking he couldn't possibly be a bad person."

That was something Taehyung could believe, but there was something else."But, Jungkook, they had a recording of Hoseok-hyung shouting mean things. They said he was shouting those things at Yoongi-hyung. Namjoon-hyung said that Yoongi-hyung got scared and ran to his house." He didn't want to believe this either. He wished he had never heard that recording. It was painful to think that such a situation was even a possibility.

"That's supposed to be their evidence?" Jimin asked with a scoff."Anyone can say mean things if they're pushed beyond a breaking point. I bet Yoongi-hyung started an argument and did anything he could to piss off Hoseok-hyung then only recorded Hoseok-hyung's words of anger to make him look bad. I've seen that sort of thing happen before. Hoseok-hyung was probably taken out of context."

"Yeah, yeah, Jimin-hyung's right." Jungkook nodded at that scenario."I'll talk to Hoseokie-hyung about it later. If Yoongi-hyung is at Namjoon-hyung's house, that means Hoseokie-hyung can come over to my place after work. We'll have a talk about it, and I'll text you guys afterward."

Feeling relieved that he could still believe Hoseok was a good person, Taehyung let out a sigh and slumped his shoulders."I was so worried." he admitted."I didn't want to believe Hoseok-hyung could be a bad person, but they were kinda convincing. Now I just feel guilty for thinking it was a possibility."

"Don't feel guilty, Hyung." Jungkook reached over and grabbed Taehyung's hand, smiling at him sweetly."Sometimes, friends doubt each other. It happens. We shouldn't throw a hundred percent trust into people just because they're our friends. A little bit of doubt keeps us alert. Still, it's good that you know the truth and won't let yourself be tricked like Namjoon-hyung and Seokjin-hyung have been."

"We're Hoseok-hyung's loyal supporters." Jimin said with a grin."Nothing will make us turn against him."

"You're right." Taehyung felt a tiny bit of heat in his cheeks as Jungkook held his hand. He knew this was normal. Jungkook often held his hand whenever he was unhappy about something. It was just one of Jungkook's ways of comforting his friends. Taehyung knew it wasn't personal, but he still liked it a lot. He would keep that to himself though. There was no way he'd try to get between Jungkook and Hoseok.

---

"I'm worried that he won't come to our side." Namjoon said as he stuffed his hands into his pockets while walking home with Seokjin after work. It was pretty cold this morning, making him wish he'd brought a coat instead of just a jacket."What if he tells the others what we said, and Hoseok convinces him that we're lying?"