20

At work, Yoongi did his best to just ignore everyone, as usual. He knew something was going to happen. Everything was too quiet. A couple hours passed into the shift, and nothing had happened yet, so he was super suspicious. He would normally be bothered by now with a mess to clean up or getting 'accidentally' bumped by a cart or box. Even when lunch time came around, nothing had happened.

It should have been a relief that no one was bothering him, but Yoongi was too used to being harassed and bullied that the calmness of the night gave him anxiety. Heading outside to wait for Namjoon, he got into his car and locked the doors. To make things easier for himself, he'd stopped bringing his small bag to work. He now kept his phone and keys in his pockets. He also no longer brought the occasional nutrition bar Hoseok used to allow. He wasn't allowed anymore because he was 'misbehaving' by having lunch with Namjoon.

As he sat in his car, Yoongi started the engine and turned the heat on a low setting. It was a bit chilly tonight, and he wanted the car to be warm for Namjoon. Pulling out his phone, Yoongi turned on some classical music to calm his nerves. He didn't have his earbuds with him today, having left them at home this morning when he'd gone to Namjoon's house. He just really needed something to help him feel calmer. His anxiety was terrible as he thought of what Hoseok and Jungkook might have planned for him, probably including Jimin. He could only be thankful that Taehyung never got involved in the harassment. It would be so much worse if he got involved too. Three against one was already bad enough.

It brought some relief to Yoongi when he saw Namjoon come out of the store and approach his car. He unlocked the doors and motioned for Namjoon to get into the passenger seat, which he did."It's cold out, so we can eat in here tonight."

"Oh, great." Namjoon smiled and got himself situated in the passenger seat, shopping bag on his lap."I actually got us something warm tonight." Reaching into the bag, he pulled something out and gave it to Yoongi."It's a bit hot, so be careful." he warned."It's a burrito. I heated it up in the break room's microwave. That's what took me so long."

"Thank you." Yoongi could smell the delicious burrito from within its vented plastic wrap.

Namjoon watched Yoongi slip the burrito out of the plastic wrap then looked toward his phone that was atop the dashboard."Are you okay? You said before that this music calms your nerves. Have the others bothered you tonight?"

"No, they haven't, which is what's worrying me." It was very unnerving to think of what might be planned."I almost wish they'd hurry up and do whatever they're planning and get it over with. I feel like a sitting duck, just waiting for them to have another so-called accident."

"Do you want me to ask Sooyoung-noona to let me work in your area for the rest of the night?" Namjoon didn't feel comfortable with Yoongi being alone while he was clearly anxious. He wanted to be near him and make sure he'd be okay.

However, Yoongi shook his head."No, I cause enough trouble for you already. I don't want to cause more by working with you."

"Yoongi-hyung, you aren't causing any trouble for me. None of this is your fault." Pulling his own burrito out of the shopping bag, Namjoon slipped it out of its plastic wrap."I wouldn't be helping you if I didn't want to. I care about you a lot and want to do everything within my power to protect you."

Moving his burrito up near his face, Yoongi pouted."Don't say stuff like that so freely. You're gonna make me cry." he said before taking a bite of his burrito. He knew it hadn't gone unnoticed by Namjoon that he got teary whenever the kind man said such sweet things to him.

"Sorry." Namjoon chuckled as he watched Yoongi eat the first bite of his burrito."So, uh, what song is this?" he asked as he motioned toward Yoongi's phone."It's amazing."