four.

𝗙𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞𝗦

𝗙𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞𝗦

                                 *𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨*

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 indicating the end of last period, you approached akaashi since the two you would be walking together to his house to finish the other half of your project.

"akaashi !!" you called out to him. "we're still studying at your house right ?" you asked.
"of course." he said nodding his head slightly. "shall we go ?"

you both walked in silence, you didn't dare say anything knowing you'd probably just make it awkward. however, the boy walking beside you broke the silence, "l/n-san.. when you told me you quit volleyball for a reason, what did you mean ?" you gave him a sad smile. "well..."

                                — 𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗁𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 —

      𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘫𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩.

your mother, l/n m/n, was an amazing volleyball player in her time, known by almost everyone in that generation. at a very young age you took interest in volleyball, amazed by your mothers skills. you were currently at a tournament waiting for your mom to show up, she would always give you tips before official matches and always came to every single one of them.

however, that day she didnt show up. you were disappointed, she never missed one of your official matches. and as soon as the match ending you rushed to your phone to call her.

"𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥. 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳"

you were starting to get worried so you called your dad, "dad !" you said into the phone. "wheres mom ? she wasnt at my match today and she always comes to my matches."
"honey, please stay calm but," your heard your father let out a shaky breath from the other side of the phone. "but, your mother got into an accident and they dont think shes going to make it." he said his voice cracking.

the whole world stopped as the sound of your phone making contact with the ground echoed through the gym. you collapsed on the floor crying as your teammates ran towards you trying to ask you what was going on.

after that day you quit volleyball. every single time you stepped onto the court images of your mother flashed through your mind and you couldn't take it. you knew your mother would've wanted you to continue playing volleyball but it reminded you about her too much.

for a few months, you blamed yourself for her death, that was until oikawa came along and made your life better for a while.

you were grateful for him, even if he cheated on you. he made you realize that it wasn't your fault, sure he wouldn't be there for you forever like you thought, but it was clear that he came into your life for a reason.

                            - 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 -

akaashi embraced you in a hug. "im sorry l/n-san i had no idea." he muttered. you were shocked by the gesture but allowed yourself to wrap your arms around his waist as your tears soaked his shirt.

"you always see me in this state it's embarrassing." you mumbled into his chest.
he gave your head a gentle pat. "you don't have to be embarrassed l/n-san." he said letting go of you. "lets go inside." he said, you nodded slightly, gesturing for him to open the door.

"im home !" akaashi called. a woman with grey hair and akaashi's eyes popped her head out from the kitchen. "keiji !! welcome home !!" she exclaimed before looking up to see you.

"uwahhhhh !! keiji is this your girlfriend ?" his mother asked excitedly. "shes so pretty !!" you blushed at the compliment and thanked her. "hello akaashi-san its nice to meet you." you said bowing. "im akaashi's friend l/n y/n we're here to study for a project." you said smiling at her.

"ehhh ?? just friends ? keiji just date her already look at how cute you two would look toegther !" his mom exclaimed. you giggled slightly before turning your head to see akaashi with a small blush on his face. "we'll be upstairs." akaashi told his mom. "we still have to our project to finish."

"your mom is really nice." you said followung akaashi up the stairs. "yeah, i love her a lot." he replied. he opened the door to his room and gestured for you to step inside.

as expected, his room was very organized and nothing was out of place. 'i could never' you thought to yourself, the both of you set your things down and began working on your project. about an hour later akaashi's mom barged into the room saying that dinner was ready and you were welcome to stay.

but you politely declined, "thank you for the offer akaashi-san, but my father is waiting for me at home and i dont want him to eat alone." you said giving her a soft smile. "ahhh !! you're so thoughtful. please come by anytime you're always welcome here." she said smiling at you.

you thanked her and akaashi walked you to the door,"thank you for today akaashi-san. i enjoyed meeting your mom." you said smiling widely at him. akaashi couldn't help but give you a small smile back. "its no problem l/n-san. would you like me to walk you home ?"

"ah, no i'll be fine," you told him. "besides your mother just finished cooking dinner and you shouldn't keep her waiting."

"goodnight akaashi." you said giving him a quick peck on the cheek before running off. the boy turned red at your gesture.

"goodnight l/n-san."