eighteen.

"𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗕𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗛𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗧𝗢 𝗠𝗘"

you were currently freezing your ass off as you sat at your desk, your laptop was opened and your notes were spread out messily in front of you. you sighed as you took another sip of soup from the cup of instant ramen that you had made earlier.

*ding ding* you heard a notification pop up on your phone. you rushed over to where it was and opened it.

keiji ♡︎ :

keiji ♡︎ :
hey y/n :)) are you home ?

keiji !! i am home :DD did
you need something?

oh no, i dont need anything.

but if you're free would you want
to take a walk with me ? i have
something i need to talk to you
about.

your eyes slightly widened at the text, did he finally read your letter ? was he going to reject you ? there was only one way to find out. you messaged him back saying sure and that you would get ready right away.

you put on something a little nicer than what you had on earlier and rushed downstairs. you opened the door to find akaashi already standing there, a bouquet of your favorite flowers in his hands.

"k-keiji, you're already here. sorry if i made you wait—" you were interrupted by akaashi, who took your hand and placed the flowers in your palm of your hand. you stared at him in shock. "how did you know i liked these ?" you asked.

"i asked yukie-chan." he replied, a small smile decorating his face. "o-oh, um thank you." you stuttered with a blush. "w-we should go its getting dark." you said, rushing out the door, locking it behind you.

akaashi walked next to you, taking your hand in his, it had become normal to walk hand in hand with akaashi, but you still got flustered every time he would hold your hand.

he suddenly stopped under a streetlight, "i read your letter." he blurted out. "o-oh." you stuttered, you figured he brought you out here to talk about your letter. "if you dont like me back its fine, i really understand kei— akaashi-san."

he could feel his heart break when you called him by his last name. he suddenly grabbed your hand, pulling you closer to him. "i wanted to say the feeling is mutual, i like you too y/n." he said, finally closing the gap that had separated the two of you for the longest time.

you stood there in shock as his lips met yours, you felt a jolt go through your body, it was like there was a bomb inside of you waiting to explode. he pulled away and rested his forehead to yours. "happy birthday to me."
he whispered.

the moment was perfect, under a streetlight in the cold winter weather, the both of you had smiles on your faces. you were finally able to express the emotions that you had been hiding for the longest time.

well is was perfect— until you heard a screech coming from the bushes. bokuto popped out. "I KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU AKAASHI !!" he yelled jumping around.

the raven haired boy shook his head, "please quiet down bokuto-san. people are sleeping." you couldn't care less though.

akaashi keiji loved you,
and you loved him too.

a/n:
the ending of this chapter is
slightly inspired by the ending
of 'irenic' another akaashi
keiji book. some people may
think i completely copied the
ending of that book and changed
stuff up but i only recently
read that book and i had this
ending planned for a while now :))

YES THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER
AHHHH I STILL NEED TO PUBLISH
THE EPILOGUE HAHSJSKSKS