xxxFINxxx

xxxFINxxx

ASHER STORM

"You should go back, Storm," Tita Mila softly says behind me.

"No," I shake my head in disagreement. "The threats haven't stop and they have an inkling on where we are."

I gritted my teeth in frustration. Things are getting worse yet all I wanted do is go back home.

I glared at the sky, cursing the moon. It is high up, brightly shining. A stark contrast to what I'm feeling. Hanggang ngayon, wala pa rin akong balita sa kalagayanni Kiel o ng kahit sino sa mga kaibigan niya matapos ang aksidenteng nangyari.

All I wanted to do was be with her. To make sure she's doing okay. It still bothers me how I ditched her that night. I knew I hurt her because I was hurt. I ached as the distance between us stretches.

"Storm, you're like a son to me. You don't need to do this anymore. You found her and you should be with her. Kaya na namin ni Maliyah ang sarili namin."

Maliyah.

I'm doing this for her. I want to get this over it to give her the normal life she deserves. She deserves a functional family. Hindi ko hahayaang itapon na naman ito ni Dad katulad ng ginawa niya sa amin ni Mommy.

After this, I can come back and start a life with Kiel. That is if she takes me back. I do hope she does.

"Welcome back, Storm." Uncle Orin greets me as I step foot inside his office.

He gives me a brief hug before asking me to sit so that we can start talking.

"How is she?" tanong ko nang walang paligoy-ligoy. Instead of answering me directly, he only looks at me intently.

Alam kong pinag-iisipan niya kung dapat ba niya akong sagutin o pagsabihan. He was the first one to warn me regarding pursuing a relationship with one of the institution's best nurses. Kahit pa ginawa niya 'yun, he readily gave me updates on Kiel after the horrible accident that led to their friend's death.

"I thought you had someone on her?" he countered. I snorted at his question. "You won't let them inside remember? Nandito siya halos buong araw."

He groans in frustration. "Kung pinayagan ko 'yun, it would be obvious. Kasama ba siya?"

Agad kong nakuha ang tanong niya. "No. Not yet. But better be sure that sorry, right, uncle? Now how is she?"

Umiling lang siya pero binigay rin naman niya ang hiningi ko. She's okay. Nagpalipat nga lang siya sa regular wards. It only means one thing, mas malayo siya sa akin. But that won't stop me.

Kiel Kacy Grande.

I've met a lot of girls during med school, but I knew she was different. Hindi ako naghahanap ng kahit ano. After becoming a doctor, the only thing I wanted to do is to continue my mother's legacy or, if not, to honor her by being the best doctor at least.

The moment our eyes met, I already know.

Siya ang babaeng mamahalin ko.

And it was not far from the truth. My heart constricts just thinking how much I'm feeling for her. I always miss her touch, her kisses, and even how she softly caresses my long hair.

"What do you like about me, then, Lacy? My long hair? Or tattoos?" Pabiro kong tanong sa kanya isang beses habang nanonood lang kami.

"Hmm...honestly? Your hair." Napahagikgik siya pagkasagot.

"Okay," I answer back simply. Nagkukunwaring nagtatampo sa kanya. Alam ko naman na kasama sa listahan ng hinahanap niya sa lalaki ay mga naka-manbun. I do thank God every time because he gave me the idea of trying to do this para maiba.