Chapter 22

: Loving You In Every Ways by Kang Hye Jung

Chapter 22
Time

The rain was pouring heavily that night. The wind was howling because of the storm.

I shudder everytime the thunder rumbled after a lightning flash. It was terrifying.

I crawled on the floor to reach my closet and hide inside of it.

I covered my ears using my small hands. Sumiksik ako doon habang umiiyak. All I think about is mom.

And I'm wishing that she's here with me.

I fell asleep and had a nightmare. In my dream, Mom was leaving and there's no plan on coming back.

"No! Mom, please don't leave me!" I weakly cried and begged.

Kumulog muli ng malakas dahil para magising ako ng tuluyan. My closet squeaked, someone opened it. I trembled again in fear.

"Mom..." I whispered like a prayer.

Nagulat ako ng may maramdaman akong tumabi sakin. Is that a ghost?

But does ghosts have sweet scent?

I lifted my head to see if it's really a ghost.

"Takot ka pala sa kulog." with a ghost smile on her small lips, Sakura Eliana, the ugly kid teased me.

I didn't speak. I just gave her a deathly glare.

Another loud roar of the thunder made the two of us jumped. Unconciously, I held her small arm tightly. I cried again and call out my mom.

"Mama." I heard she also whispered.

My heart filled with so much warmth when I felt she wrapped her arms around me.

"Please don't leave me..." I weakly beseeched.

"I will never leave you." then she gently tapped my shoulders as if it will take away all my fears and worries.

I looked at her and uttered. "No matter what happens? Promise?"

She smiled and raised her pinky finger. "Promise."

I raised mine too and entwined with her finger to sealed her promise.

For a moment we both fell silent until I spoke.

"I can't sleep." I said hoarsely.

She just nodded and started humming a lullaby while gently continuing tapping my shoulder.

I felt comfort in her arms that night. It was so memorable though embarrassing because I cried in front of her. Maybe she'll think weird of me.

Darn it.

"Do you have any info about Heidi's whereabouts?" I heard Lola asked to Mr. Arthuro Vasquez.

I was about to enter the office to asked Lola something about Sakura Eliana when I heard them talking about Mom.

"Wala na po si Miss Heidi sa condo unit niya. Ayon sa nakalap kong impormasyon Donya Celestina, nung araw na inihatid niya dito si Young Master Colder sa mansyon ay kaagad din po siyang umalis ng bansa kasama ang isang business tycoon." narinig kong sagot ni Mr. Vasquez.

Nanghina ako ng marinig iyon. Mom is out of the country with another man.

She left me. Iniwan na niya talaga ako.