Chapter 23

Chapter 23
Bad

Since then I began being envious to Helius. He has everything that I want.

Good-humored personality, Grandpa and Dad's appreciation. Also Sakura's attention. While me, I can only please people around me through my talent on painting.

It's not enough. It'll never be enough. They still don't like me because I'm different-a cold aloof weirdo, they all say. My talent, my face, my family name, that's what they only find fascinating.

It was the end of August month when Mr. Vasquez had an heart attacked. He was comatosed and needed to undergo bypass surgery. That's the first time I saw Sakura crying helplessly. I wanted to comfort her...to hug her, thinking somehow it will ease her pain. But Helius was already with her. At alam kong mas gugustuhin iyon ni Sakura.

Mr. Vasquez condition improved after the operation but he had to stay in the hospital for continuous cardiac monitoring. Because of that, Grandma will be needing to hire another butler but not for our family....only for me. And that butler should be competent.

I got busy with my studies the next weeks. I need to be in the honor roll. Kung hindi ko man maungusan si Helius kay Sakura atleast mapapantayan ko siya in the other things.

Pero siguro nga sunod-sunod ang swerte ko. We had a dinner and I'm the last one who go down to announce the good news.

"So you'll be living here with us from now on, blushing-potato." I saw how Sakura blushed when Helius teased her.

Tss. They were busy talking so they didn't even notice my presence.

"Helius, stop teasing Eliana. Tingnan mo tuloy namumula siya lalo." Grandma laugh elegantly, "By the way dito na siya talaga titira because pumayag na siya sa offer kong maging butler ng isa sa inyo."

I smirked. Sakura will be living with us.

"Talaga, grandma? So she'll be my butler?" Helius asked excitedly.

You wish, Kuya.

"No. She'll be mine, Helius." I interrupted without taking off my intense gaze on Sakura..

"Buti naman Colder bumaba kana para magdinner." Grandpa with a scolding tone.

I smiled triumphantly to everyone. "Of course, Lo. I don't wanna miss my first dinner with my new butler."

I been tapping the table in my workroom for two minutes until I heard the door opened and closed.

She's already here.

"Pinatawag nyo raw po ako. Ano po ba ang maipaglilingkod ko sa inyo?" she calmly asked trying to hide her trembling fingers at her back.

Nervous, huh?

"You can sit on that chair." I indicated the chair in front of my table. Agad naman siyang tumalima at naupo.

"Do you know the critical attributes of a butler?" I asked.

She tilted her head like she's thinking.

"Uh Masipag? Masunurin?" she answered sounded unsure and scratched her cheek.

I heaved a sigh. "Miss Vasquez, you must be trustworthy, loyal, technically competent, helpful, gracious, professional in appearance and performance, able to anticipate, dignified in manner and personality, flexible, considerate of other staff, organized, detail oriented, well composed, humble, healthy and energetic. And of course, you should always obey me. Do you understand, Sakura Eliana?"