STOPOVER 1

Somewhere in the universe, Daniella, a 23-year-old everywoman, is boarding a domestic flight. She is returning home after a week-long business trip. Daniella's "home" specifically refers to a certain person named Luca, a 23-year-old everyman.

Settled into her somewhat comfortable seat for her early morning flight, Daniella hears the universal tune associated with iPhone text messages in this day and age. It could be anyone's phone really, but she has a feeling it might be hers as she's pretty confident that her own phone is already off. Preferring to be on the safe side, she quickly checks her phone, which has received a text message.

Luca

all set? got everything? your boarding pass? your chargers? your socks?

Daniella

yep! all set!

Daniella

okay, babe, i'm about to turn off my phone. see you soon! love you!

Lucas hearts her message. 

Luca

love you too! see you in five hours!

Daniella hearts his message, turns off her phone, and puts it out of sight as she sees a flight attendant approaching her.

Cliché as the interaction might sound, it's kind of their thing. It's how they speak to each other both online and offline.  

Five hours go by, and Daniella's plane lands. After a few minutes of exiting the plane and orienting herself through customs, Daniella happily walks through her respective terminal. She does not see Luca immediately. She turns her phone back on and immediately starts texting. 

Daniella

just landed babe 😊

She looks around the terminal. She even swings by Starbucks and looks inside in case he lost track of time in there. After all, he is extremely addicted to the Pumpkin Spice Lattes they sell this time of year. Unfortunately for her, he's not there. Is he lost? Is he late? Is he dead? Where could he be and why is he not here? Slightly nervous and irritated, Daniella pulls out her phone, opens her messages, and frantically texts Luca.

Daniella

babe where are you?

15 minutes goes by. Even more nervous, she pulls out her phone once again.

Daniella

babe, where are you? still waiting at the airport. lol you're super late!

Three hours go by for Daniella, who is still waiting. As she walks around the airport, checks out all of the duty-free shops, eats a shrimp pasta at one of the airport restaurants, and drinks an expensive cup of  Italian black coffee, she texts Luca again.

Daniella

you said you were coming! wya?

After enjoying her expensive coffee, testing perfume at duty-free shops, and settling for a couple of tubes of high-end lipstick, she pulls up her phone and texts Luca once again.

Daniella

can't wait anymore... taking an Uber home!

Daniella switches her apps and arranges for an Uber. After fuming and pacing around the airport in the hopes that she would have to cancel the ride, the arranged car, unfortunately, arrives after she sulks around the airport for thirty minutes. She sighs and groans as the car arrives. The driver chivalrously helps her load her suitcase and carry-on into the vehicle and she hops into the back of the car.