SWEETHEART

Before she can stop her uncontrollable blinks, the oversized teddy is now right in front of her.

"It appears that we have underbooked your flight." The giant teddy bear hops even closer to Daniella's face, instantly spooking her.

"Don't do that! Please stay where you are... Yes! don't do that!" scolds a scared Daniella.

"Sweetheart" blurs out the giant teddy bear.

"What?!" Daniella gaps

"My name is Sweetheart, Daniella Spencer!" the giant teddy bear answers with an oversized smile.

"You've gotta be f**king kidding me. The teddy bear can talk! You can talk?! Wipe that creepy smile away!" Daniella screams out loud.

"You are not real! You are not possible! You are not here! I'm not here!"

Sweetheart, the teddy bear, maintains a polite, understanding, and patient creepy smile.

"Ah." is the only thing that he makes out and then continues to speak.

"As an apology for the inconvenience, we would like to upgrade you to our business lounge. Do you mind if I help with your carry-on?" continues the teddy bear, who has a notable high pitch cartoony kiddie voice.

"I do mind everything that came out of your mouth because you are not real. Teddy bears don't talk. Not at all, not ever!" whisper-screams Daniella.

"Anything to help?" Sweetheart asks her calmly.

She takes a few steps away from him, away from her former spot. Before she can react, Sweetheart reaches and takes hold of her purse and carry-on, turns around, and then starts hopping away.

A panicked Daniella follows the teddy bear who appears to be moving faster than humanly possible into a Business Class lounge and drops her carry-on in a pastel-colored diner-style booth. Everything smells and appears heavenly. "I suppose it can't hurt to enjoy this as much as you can Daniella Spencer! After all, who knows? It could be the last time you do this... or not." He silently shrugs with an oversized smile.

Sweetheart once again offers to take Daniella's belongings and places them in the overhead compartment that appeared out of nowhere.

"Wait! That wasn't there before! What is happening here? Where are we? Where am I?" screams a slightly panicked Daniella.

Of course, this is not the first time that she is experiencing this kind of weird and surreal interaction but this time it is next level. Keeping track of these things is becoming more and more challenging for Daniella.

"Would you like a glass of champagne before now?"

A speechless Daniella shakes her head, pondering on the meaning of 'before now'.

"Would you like a glass of champagne before boarding?"

"I said no! Can't you read my head shake?!"

"Would you like a glass of champagne before sleeping?" the teddy bear asks her a third time without a smile.

"Would you like a glass of champagne before tying your shoes, Daniella Spencer?"

"What the f***k did you just say? What's up with all of these weird questions?! EVERYTHING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH IS STRESSING ME OUT! BE QUIET!" shouts Daniella.

Sweetheart stares at her blankly and starts crying.

Daniella awkwardly sits in the booth and watches him cry for a moment before she decides to get up and comfort him. "I'm sorry... Sweetheart."