二十三

The moment the others got back to the base, Renxiang approached them and the man they carried.

"The heck did you guys do? I thought you just shot him in the leg?" She said, looking at the man with a black eye and a few bruises.

"He wouldn't shut up when Ten was driving," Lucas shrugged. Renxiang rolled her eyes, ordering the men to put him in the clinic so that her and Hendery could patch his leg up.

"I really don't get why we need to patch up a dude that intended to shoot Sicheng," Hendery said.

"Because"

"Because what?"

"I don't know, ask Kun." The boy rolled his eyes at his friend's response, continuing to clean up the man's wound. A boy in the corner of the clinic was busy preparing the anesthesia so that the man would be unconscious until after dinner. Yes, Renxiang was a medical student, but she never had any experiences in putting anesthesia to a patient.

"Would 2 hours be enough, miss Huang?" The boy asked, making the girl nod. When the wounded man wasn't looking, the boy then injected the anesthesia on the man's wrist. He hissed at the sudden pain, a few minutes later getting knocked out. After that, the three continued what they were doing, not even conversing to be safe if ever someone was listening.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

Two hours passed and the man was awake, tied in a metal chair inside a dark room. It looked as if he was alone, but there were other men, including Lucas and Ten who'll interrogate him. Lucas then revealed himself to the man. He was wearing a black tank top and combat pants. His arm muscles, of course, were showing so that he could look intimidating. They were in their so-called interrogation room, which only consisted of a wooden table and two chairs. Ten sat down, looking at the man with a smile. 

"Hello," he started. He put both his hands on the table, still looking at the man. 

"So, what you do for a living?" The man was confused at Ten's question, not sure what to say but still spoke up with confidence. 

"What do you think I do? Give people bread or something?" He snickered. 

"It's kind of obvious that you're a spawn of Yuta, sorry. Tell me, how much does he pay you?" The man then started cursing Ten in Japanese, telling him he'll never get anything from him.

"Oh, sir. Joining the mafia not only requires brawns, but also requires brains and knowledge. You think I didn't study how to speak in Japanese?" Ten chuckled. 

"It's either you tell me what you guys are planning, or," Ten gets his gun out, "this? You'll see bullets flying in the air, going to both your legs and your family, Mr. Kenji." The man's eyes widened after hearing his name. He shook his head, still scared, but will stay loyal to Yuta. Without hesitation, Ten put his gun under the table, still looking at the man. The man was confused for a second, but then heard a bang!  feeling pain shoot through his right foot. Ten was still looking at the tied, pained man, chuckling. 

"I'll never-" another shot was made, now in his left foot. He screamed in pain, even Renxiang who was outside the room heard this and just sighed, still not getting used to the whole mafia and killing things. 

"Still not gonna tell, huh? What a tough cookie." Lucas said and chuckled, approaching the man and patting his shoulder. 

"Okay, okay! Yuta wants to take down WayV first then NCT. Yuta knows how powerful your mafia group is, so he wants to take you down one by one. Starting with the precious Huang twins." Kenji laughed, spitting blood on the table. Ten looked at it in disgust while Lucas just rolled his eyes.

"Why were you assigned to kill Sicheng?" The buff man asked. Kenji shrugged, not really knowing. Ten believed this, and stood up with the gun still on his head, ready to head out. 

"Thanks for giving us the information. Goodbye." And with that, Ten shot the man straight at his head, quickly losing his life. 

"Clean this mess." Lucas then ordered their men, heading out with Ten. He looked at his watch, seeing that it was already 8 in the evening. Lucas asked Ten if he wanted to eat dinner now, and he agreed. They went downstairs, seeing their friends at the dinner table, enjoying their meals. Renjun was the first to notice the two, asking what happened to the man. Ten shrugged, telling them what happened. 

"You better hold a meeting with Taeyong soon, Kun. Not that this is such a big deal for NCT since everyone wants to take us down, but because the twins are involved now." He said, munching on his food. Kun nodded, taking note of that.  

The next day in Kun's office, he was having a meeting together with Ten and Johnny, regarding the Nakamoto's, especially now that the twins are in the mafia. 

"We might need to go to Korea next week, together with the twins, since your trainings are more advanced and thorough there." Kun proposed. Taeyong nodded, agreeing. 

"Aren't they still in college, though?" Johnny then asked. 

"It won't be a problem. Since they're both smart, they can tell their parents that they got accepted in an exchange program there or something. It's really easy to fake data, you know." Ten butts in. The two men on the screen nods, Taeyong writing something in his notebook.

"Then it's settled. Tell them that next month they're going to be training and will be based here."