三十

6 months later 

After 6 months of hard training, to say, the twins have improved so much. Renxiang was currently at the clinic with Taeil. They were the least busy since their job was to help the injured members, so they were just talking. 

"So, how's the thing between you and Ten going on?" With the question, Renxiang smiled. A week after Ten and Kun left for Beijing, they settled things out and decided to give it a try. They still weren't official since they both knew the better that the mafia life doesn't have enough space for committed relationships. 

"It's been fine. Kinda busy these days since there's been news going on in China about other mafias, but we're fine," she paused and thought, remembering something, "I think they're gonna come here 2 days from now. Like, the whole WayV team." She confirmed. Taeil nodded while fixing their stuff. The whole 127 unit, including Taeyong, went out for a mission, so they needed to be on stand-by. Doyoung was out with them, too. They needed a medic there somehow. 

20 more minutes of waiting, they finally heard the doors open. The two approached them, checking if there were any signs of injuries.

"Taeyong was shot in his shoulder. I couldn't take the bullet out since I didn't have any surgical kit with me, but I did sterilize the wound." Doyoug said while helping Taeyong get to the clinic. 

"You think he has a broken bone?" Renxiang asked, preparing surgery materials. 

"I think so, but it might only be a small crack or so. I didn't quite see the gun that the person used," He shrugged. He proceeded on helping Taeyong lay down so that Taeil and Renxiang would further clean the wound. Renxiang unwrapped the gauze on the shot area so that Taeil would take the bullet out.

"I'm gonna take the wound out, now." He informed the injured man. Since he wasn't on any anesthesia and Renxiang was the closest to him, he gripped her arm when he felt Taeil taking out the bullet. Renxiang stood still and froze. It was the first contact they've ever made besides mafia things for the past 6 months. 

"Renxiang, surgery needle and thread, please." Taeil said, wiping excess blood. Renxiang gave him what he needed, and he started the surgery. Taeyong couldn't see what was going on since they put on a small surgical drape in front of his face. He felt everything, though. It was, of course, painful. So with that, he kept his grip on Renxiang's wrist tight. 

30 minutes have past and it was done. Taeyong broke a bone since the gunshot's force was kind of stronger than expected, so he had to wear a cast for about a month or so. He stood up and thanked the two medics, going to the kitchen to fetch some food. 

Renxiang looked at her bruised wrist, realizing that Taeyong had a strong grip awhile ago. She went to the kitchen to find some ice and noticed that Taeyong was there, too. They didn't even a mutter a word to each other, Renxiang going straight to the freezer with a towel in her hand. Taeyong observed her closely while eating with one hand and Renxiang felt this. 

"You know, insead of staring, you can help me by applying the ice on my wrist that you bruised." Renxaing took out some ice and put it on her towel, putting it o the table and fixing it. Taeyong saw her bruised wrist, actually feeling guilty for what he did. 

"Sorry, didn't know my grip was that tight."

"Well, it was. But yeah, it's okay I guess." She muttered. She sat on the table, not knowing what pushed her to stay with Taeyong while applying ice on her wrist. Since the injured man was finished eating, he decided that he'd hold the ice for her, to which she refused.

"You already have a broken bone, dumbass. Just rest." She said. A few moments of silence followed, making Taeyong ask her something. 

"Are Ten and you, still together?" He slowly asked. 

"Mr. Lee, it isn't healthy to interfere with other people's lives." She replied. Taeyong rolled his eyes at the stubborn girl. 

"But no, Ten and I were never together. We're just dating." She said, making Taeyong nod and hide the small smile hidden on his face. 

"Why aren't you guys together? I thought he liked you?" 

"Why are you so nosey, Mr. Lee?" She snapped, "for all I know, for 6 months you ignored me like I was just nothing. And now that you know Ten and I are only dating, you aproach me?" She started walking away, the scene familiar to both of them. 

"Lee Taeyong, with all due respect, mind your own personal business. Anything between us in the past only lasted for a few months. I don't need a coward in my life."