二十八

As it was already 10 in the night, Taeyong has already finished the things that he needed to do and decided to go to the rooftop since it was the place he always goes to, to relax and think. When he got out of his office, he bumped into Jisung.

"Oh, hi hyung. Going to the rooftop?" He asked. Taeyong nodded, ruffling his hair.

"It's already 10, why aren't you sleeping?" The leader asked. Jisung showed his phone to him to say he's playing a game. The leader rolled his eyes and told the younger to sleep after he does. Jisung nodded and said something to his hyung.

"By the way, I heard from Hyuck hyung that Renxiang noona and Ten hyung are at the rooftop. Don't they look cute together hyung? They're even childhood best friends!" Jisung said, clapping a bit. Taeyong forced a smile, careful that his dongsaeng would not notice he disappointment on his face. Nonetheless, after their conversation, he still went up to the rooftop through the elevator. When he arrived, he heard the two talking. Careful that he wasn't interrupting, he hid behind a wall and listened.

"What's so different about that?" He heard Renxiang say. He noticed

"I don't know, Xiang! Maybe because Kun isn't you?" He then heard Ten exclaim, still looking at the sky.

"Ten, you guys are gonna be fine. Trust me, okay? You guys are grown men who can fight and kill and hack. Your teamwork is amazing, plus the fact that you're all childhood friends makes it easier to compromise and solve problems together because you know each other very well."

"You know what? Fuck it." Ten sat straight and looked Renxiang in the eyes, her looking back at him.

Ten then said something Renxiang, nor even Taeyong, never expected.

"Renxiang, can I just say I like you?"

Renxiang took her head off of his shoulders and Taeyong stayes silent, not looking shocked, not looking sad.

"Ten, why? I- when?" Renxiang asked, confused.

"I don't know, Xiang! It's just that, every time we have moments like this, nights that we're just gazing at the night sky and when we're together, just us two, I feel so different. I feel something different. A-at first I didn't want to conclude that I like you not as a little sister, but then things happened and now-" Just then, Taeyong stepped on a metal pipe. For a mafia leader, you sure are clumsy, dumbass, he thought to himself. Quickly, he hid behind the wall's shadow so he won't be seen. Renxiang looked at the direction where the sound came from and Ten stood up to check. Renxiang, cautious, came with Ten and links their arm.

Unfortunately, Taeyong got caught.

"Did you hear what we were talking about?" Ten immediately asked. Taeyong played with his phone, nodding and pretending not to care.

"Oh." Was all Renxiang said, looking down.

"Congrats love birds, I don't know if you guys know, but we're in the mafia, if you're all aware. Get some sleep, Huang. Training starts tomorrow, 8AM sharp." And with that, he left without saying another word. He proceeded to his room, thinking he's making a big deal out of this. Renxiang sighed, not knowing what to do. Ten noticed her distress and kissed her cheek, making her look at him with wide eyes.

"I don't know what you feel towards me, so I'll let you have the time to think." With that, they headed down to their rooms, the man accompanying Renxiang first to her room.

"What time will you guys leave tomorrow?" She asked.

"By 10 in the morning I think Kun and I'll leave to the airport." Renxiang nodded and hugged him, telling him to have a good night's rest. Ten nodded, proceeding to the guest room.

The girl went immediately to her bed, sighing and thinking of what just happened. With that, she decided to talk to Renjun about it tomorrow before training starts.

Renxiang's alarm started going off by the time it was just 5:30 in the morning. She groaned, sitting up then turning off her alarm. She yawned and stretched her arms, staring at space for 5 minutes. When she was done, she took her hair tie and puts on a ponytail, proceeding to go to her bathroom to shower.

After showering and changing to new clothes fit for physical training, it was 6:15. She went downstairs to make breakfast for her and her twin, but then saw the chef doing it already. She shrugged and went to the living room, taking a small nap in the sofa before Renjun comes down.

Taeyong then woke up 5 minutes later, doing the same things that Renxiang did, minus tying his hair and by 6:35, he went downstairs.

Usually, he eats his breakfast alone since the others usually start waking up at that time of the day. He then heard someone snoring softly in the living room. He looked to see who it was and saw that it was Renxiang. He rolled his eyes, remembering what just happened last night, but nonetheless tried waking her up. He shook her shoulders slightly, but she didn't budge. The second time he tried waking her up, she finally did.

"Breakfast is ready," was all he said the moment he saw her eyes flutter open and proceeded to go to the dining room. He sat at his usual spot, Renxiang sitting close to him since it was only them.

"Yong, about last night," she started. The mafia boss raised his eyebrow, as if to say to her to continue. "Ten and I really don't have anything between us. He just confessed to me and stuff, and the skin ship was really just-"

"Why are you telling me this?" He then cut her off.

"I-I thought we kinda had-"

"Something going on? Miss Huang, for your information, saving your ass a million times doesn't mean I like you." He scoffed, starting to eat his breakfast.

"Yeah, sure. Look who's talking and calling me Cherie in the first place. And what does Cherie mean, again? Sweethear-" with that, Taeyong slammed his hands on the table to shut her up. Renxiang jumped in surprise at the sudden noise, staring and the man with wide eyes. Taeyong stared back with annoyance evident in his eyes.

"That doesn't mean I like you. Did I say you're the only I call you that, Huang? What makes you so special from other women, hm?" Renxiang stayed silent, nodding.

"You're right, nothing really makes me special from other women, especially in the elite world. But at least I know how to admit that I liked you, not like someone who's a mafia boss yet is scared to admit his own feelings." Taeyong stayed silent, still staring at her with annoyance. Renxiang stood up, getting her plate still full of food.

"I'd rather date Ten than keep up with your coward ass." And with that, she left to eat at the garden. Taeyong rolled his eyes and ate his breakfast silently.

"So much for a mafia boss," Renxiang muttered.