二十四

A month went by smoothly, of course missions and killings were part of it. Renxiang was now laying in bed in her room in the mafia base. Most days, she'd just tell her parents she slept over her friends' house, but there were times that she'd also sleep at their house. Same goes with Renjun since they were about to go to Korea tomorrow. Their parents also knew about their plan on studying in Korea, to which they agreed and supported them whole-heartedly. Renxiang was kind of guilty for lying to her parents, but Renjun comforted her and told her it was for their own good. They already dropped out from their university in Beijing, too after they confirmed they would live in Korea.

A knock was heard from her door while she was scrolling through her Instagram feed and asked who it was. Turns out, it was just Yukhei. Her cousin was holding a tray of food for her and him to eat as a farewell for tomorrow.

"Hey," Lucas softly said, closing the door with his foot and placing the tray on her coffee table. Renxiang looked at him while lying down and waved at him, smiling. She sat up, looking at the tray of food.

"What's the occasion?" She asked her cousin. Lucas shrugged, inviting her to eat.

"Just thought I'd give you a small farewell since you guys are gonna be kinda living in Korea now. You better learn Korean, Xiang. Or else you might not be able to communicate with everyone except for the Lee's. And also take care of yourself, okay? We're not there to protect you, who knows-"

"Sushi, we're literally gonna be surrounded by more NCT members than we ever had here in Beijing, chill. Plus, the mafia boss is gonna be there with us, what's gonna go wrong?"

"Renxiang, anything or even everything might go wrong for all I know. You're in the mafia now, expect the unexpected." He sternly said, still eating. Renxiang sighed, understanding and just nodding, starting to eat the food. A few moments of silence were made, then Yukhei spoke up.

"You know, I'll kinda miss having you around." He said.

"Even if I'm a pain in the ass when it comes to hand-to-hand combat training?" She joked. Her cousin chuckled, nodding.

"Yeah. No one sucks in hand-to-hand combat like you-ow!" Renxiang didn't let him finish, instead, she flicked his forehead. Lucas pout, his cute aura showing. They shared stories and laughed together while eating and by the time they finished, it was already 2 in the afternoon.

"I better be going. Training starts at 3. 10 push ups if you come late." Yukhei said, pointing at her. She groaned.

"Can I not today? I'm leaving tomorrow!" She whined. Her cousin shook his head, saying goodbye to her and taking the empty tray with him. She groaned, going back to her bed and making a mental note that she'll prepare after 30 minutes. She continued scrolling through Instagram when Taeyong suddenly called her. It has been 2 weeks since they last talked and he just checked up on her, having only 5 minutes to talk since he was busy. Not that she was complaining though since they weren't actually together, but yeah.

"Hi, Cherie." Taeyong breathed, a smile evident on his face.

"Hi, Yongie. How've you been doing?" She asked, sitting up and playing with the hem of her shirt.

"I've been doing fine. School and the mafia are really hard to balance, you know." He chuckled, sitting on the chair of his bedroom. He didn't share his bedroom with anyone, he's the boss after all. He pushed his hair backwards since he just finished showering.

"You excited to live here in Korea? I'd get to see you more by that," He then said, smiling again.

"Kinda nervous, I guess. The only people I can talk to is you since I'm still not good in Korean." She admits.

"Don't worry, we'll help you communicate. Plus, we have a Chinese member here, too. Zhong Chenle, ever heard of him?" He asked.

"Him? Wait, isn't he too young to be in the mafia?"

"He's only a year younger than you, Xiang." Renxiang nodded, understanding. They talked longer than 30 minutes, getting updates from one another. Renxiang was sure that she liked him, but she isn't sure if he liked her back. Maybe he's doing these as a close friend that considers himself as an older brother to Renxiang. Thankfully, Taeyong wasn't that busy.

"I'll see you again tomorrow, Cherie. Stay safe, okay?" Taeyong said. After the girl responded, they ended the call and Renxiang looked at the clock, seeing it was already 2:45. Shit, shit, shit, she muttered, running to her closet and looking for training clothes. She quickly put them on and found a hair tie in her table, putting her hair into a ponytail.

She plugged her phone to a socket, quickly running from the 3rd floor to the 2nd where the training room was. She looked at the watch that was given to her (they all had identical watches in WayV), 2:57. She opened the door, seeing her cousin and Renjun waiting. He looked at his watch, seeing that there were 3 minutes to spare.

"Good job on being early, Xiang. We still have 2 more minutes." He grinned. Renxiang got water from their water dispenser and chugged it down because of all the running she did.