two

evelyn decided to continue her self tour around the campus since she had free time. on her way, she passed the lockers where the fight occurred and saw that a notebook was on the ground.

she picked it up and read the name 'kang hyunmin', assuming it was the same hyunmin, she put it into her bag to give to him the next time they encountered each other.

"hey-"

she turned around to face the voice and saw heeseung standing farther down in the hallway.

"look," evelyn began, "i really don't feel like starting anything with you."

"woah," heeseung chuckled, putting his hands up in offense.

"i didn't know you were new. it's wrong of me to ruin your first day, so let me make it up to you," he offered, "let me show you around."

evelyn thought to herself about whether or not she would give into the school's bad boy's offer, especially after remembering what hyunmim told her as well.

"um .." evelyn hesitated.

"cmon," heeseung budged, walking closer, "we're also partners for the project so we should get to know each other. besides, what's the worse that could happen?"

"i don't know .. you kidnapping me? you locking me in a closet? you taking advantage of me? you hurting me? a lot can happen," evelyn stated.

heeseung folded his arms and poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue, "do i really appear that bad?"

"i mean .. yes."

"but sure," evelyn replied, "i'll take the tour."

"awesome!" heeseung cheered in a whisper, bring two fists in the air.

"wow," evelyn chuckled, "what a kid."

heeseung scoffed as he began to lead the way towards the school library, "the guy you just called a kid could also hurt you on spot."

"be. my. guest."

"wah," heeseung chuckled, shaking his head, "you surprise me a lot."

"i surprise myself too."

"you're probably the only person that has ever stuck up to me."

"so i heard," evelyn answered, "but why'd you pick on hyunmin like that?"

"who?" heeseung asked, his facial expressions showing that he was completely lost.

"hyunmin .. the guy you had up against the lockers .."

"ah him! yea i just don't like him," heeseung replied, "he bothers me."

"well aren't you something," evelyn scoffed.

"i don't like you either, yet here i am having a conversation with you," she added.

"you just met me so how could you not like me?"

"should i really like a boy who beat their junior simply because he bothered you? yeah hurting innocent people doesn't sit right with me," evelyn replied.

"we won't always get what we want and the life we live isn't always going to be the life we want. and that means that the people in our lives also won't be the kind of people we want around us," she began.

"there's nothing you can do about that and violence is definitely not the answer."

"well learned that the hard way," heeseung mumbled to himself.

unsure of what he meant, evelyn decided to stay quiet. she watched as students gave her weird looks as they passed, but her thoughts were interrupted when heeseung spoke again.

"well that's the cafeteria and the yard right around it is where you can hang around for lunch. you can eat anywhere, but the yard is the most popular spot," heeseung directed.

"obviously you know that the building we just left is where all the junior and senior classes take place, so the building right over there are for the other grades," he proceeded, "and the library is right over there. let's go in there to discuss the project, yeah?"

"um sure," evelyn replied.

"any questions about the campus?" heeseung asked as he led the way to the library.

"i don't have questions about the campus, but .." she hesitated, "do you mind if i ask .. why are you in a junior class if you're a senior?"

"ah," heeseung immediately replied, "i wasn't held back. it's not like that. i just chose to take the class again because i didn't want to get the credits for the other class. you only need to get credits if you're going to college, so .."

"so .. you're not going to college?" evelyn asked.

"exactly."

"oh .."

"it's not because i was held back. so don't think that. i may cause trouble, but i maintain good grades. trust me," heeseung stated.

"what's your definition of good grades?" evelyn chuckled.

"A's and B's? what other definition of good grades are there?" heeseung replied with a questioning tone.

"wahh," evelyn replied, shocked, "i'm impressed."

"i bet that if you changed how you acted, you'd have all the girls swooning over you," she added.

"haha funny," heeseung sarcastically spoke, "people care too much about looks and i don't need girls swooning over me, so no thank you."

"what? you don't think you look attractive?"

"how could anyone look attractive in school uniform?" heeseung asked.

"well ouch," evelyn replied.

"what? you don't think i look attractive, do you?" heeseung smirked.

"i didn't say that, but you're definitely not unattractive. everyone is attractive in their own way, so in a way, sure. you're attractive," evelyn smiled, proud of her answer.

"looks like someone's already swooning for me," heeseung joked.

"yeah um we just began talking ten minutes ago .. no," evelyn replied sternly.

heeseung let out a soft laugh and continued his gaze ahead.

"you are not what i thought you would be," evelyn began.