four

evelyn saw the library door open and saw hyunmin walk in the library, making her stand up and run over to him with her bag, leaving heeseung.

"hyunmin!" she yelled in a whisper, not wanting to interrupt anyone studying.

she let out a gasp, seeing that he had bandages on his face, "how come you didn't look so bad earlier? are you okay? does it hurt?"

hyunmin smiled and shook his head, "they're just a few scratches."

"well in that case, i was walking and saw this on the ground," she began, taking the book out of her bag.

"oh! thank you!" hyunmin smiled, "i was looking for it."

seeing someone approach them, hyunmin grabbed evelyn's arm and pulled her behind him, making her stumble in confusion.

"what?" heeseung asked in a scoff, "you two dating?"

"whatever. here," he spoke, tossing evelyn's library ID in the air.

evelyn was way too short to catch it, so in order to prevent the card from hitting her face, hyunmin put his arm out to catch it for her, handing it to her.

"relax bud," heeseung sarcastically smiled, "i won't hurt you anymore."

walking past them, heeseung rolled his eyes and stopped on the side of evelyn, keeping his eyes on the ground.

"you're welcome for today. don't spend too much time with this loser. his ways might rub off on you."

evelyn widened her eyes at heeseung's words, "yah- how could you say that?"

she was about to go after heeseung, but felt a tug on her arm.

"don't," hyunmin spoke, "it's not worth it."

evelyn and hyunmin walked out the library together after heeseung was out of sight.

"didn't you need to do something in the library?" evelyn asked hyunmin.

"i did, but heeseung made my blood boil so much that i forgot what i was there for," hyunmin replied, making evelyn laugh.

"what did he mean by 'you're welcome for today'?" hyunmin asked.

"ahh. he offered to give me a tour of the campus and he also helped me make my library ID. he's also my project partner for a class, so we were talking about it," evelyn replied.

"shocking to hear heeseung was being kind," hyunmin stated.

"right?! he was so rough and cold earlier, but he was being sweet with me. he's definitely interesting," evelyn stated.

"you're not falling for THE school's bad boy are you?" hyunmin asked.

"what? of course not!"

the two exited school gates and proceeded to walk in the same direction towards their home.
after some time talking to each other, they began walking in a comfortable silence.

"is it weird that i feel like i've met you before?" evelyn suddenly spoke, "like i feel unusually comfortable with you as if i've known you forever."

"you have," hyunmin replied seriously.

"yah-" evelyn called out, slightly hitting hyunmin's arm, "don't joke like that."

"but i'm not," hyunmin replied.

"yeah okay," evelyn chuckled, "believe what you want to. this is my home."

"so .. my home is right next to yours?" hyunmin asked.

"you live right there?" evelyn asked, pointing to the house next to hers.

hyunmin hummed.

"wahh .. we're schoolmates and neighbors? we're going to be great friends," evelyn smiled.

"we already were," hyunmin replied.

"stop with those jokes and go inside," evelyn chuckled, shaking her head.

"you're walking to school with me from now on whether you like it or not. see you tomorrow!" she exclaimed before running inside her house.