𝟼. 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙼𝙴𝙰𝙽 𝙻𝚄𝙺𝙴?

"This was a mistake."

Emily was mumbling to herself as she paced the back of the gym of Los Feliz High School. She had remembered that Julie said that she and the boys were performing at her school dance that night. For some reason, Emily just felt as if she could just see them she'd be okay again.

She needed some sort of closure.

If Emily saw that he was okay and happy again, she'd be able to move on. It had been almost 26 years since Emily had last seen her best friend and she hadn't forgiven herself for running out like she did.

"Is everybody fired up for Julie and the Phantoms?" Flynn, who Emily remembered as Julie's friend from earlier that day, questioned the crowd from her spot on the stage.

The crowd roared and Flynn explained that they were a tad behind schedule. That didn't really surprise Emily, those 3 boys really were always late for everything in life.

"Julie and the Phantoms?" the Molina girl questioned as Flynn walked up to her backstage - coincidentally, at the same time, Emily decided to 'poof' in to greet her new friend.

Flynn smiled at her best friend, "I had some spare time in French class. You better like it, though, I already registered it on Insta, Snapchat, Twitter..."

Julie grabbed her friend's hands to keep her from rambling. "No, I love it. But i'd love it even more if the actual Phantoms were here." That was when she noticed Emily's presence.

"Dylan!"

Emily would never get used to Julie calling her by her last name, but she did sort of bring it on herself.

"I wanted to apologize for 'poofing' out so abruptly earlier today." The ghost apologized with a softened voice.

Julie waved her off, "Something obviously brought back bad memories, so I get it. Alexander... attempted? He uh, tried to explain... left out a lot of details though."

Emily grew nervous.

How much should she reveal to Julie? Could she be trusted?

Maybe.

"I, uh... well, I knew the band. More specifically the lead singer an-"

"You mean Luke?"

Emily winced at the mention of his name. It had been so long and she still couldn't bear to say the boy's name.

"Yeah, him." She mumbled, "We left things on bad terms... so its not the best kind of memory for me."

The Molina girl's eyes scanned Emily's outfit, a soft smile showing on her face. Emily looked down at her clothing, trying to figure out what Julie was smiling at. When the ghost girl realized what had caused Julie's reaction, her cheeks burned red.

"You must've been close with them to have that." Julie gestured to Emily's shirt.

Emily's fingers tugged at the hem of her t-shirt. "I was their first fan, actually." She stared down at her t-shirt that had the logo Sunset Curve on the front. "Am I stupid for wearing this?"

Julie immediately shook her head. "No, no, not at all! I think they'll love it."

The ghost was cut off when a blond boy she didn't recognize started walking over to Julie backstage. Emily bid Julie a quiet goodbye before 'poofing' back into the crown. Surely the boys would be here soon.

Right?

Emily wandered around the gym for the next 2 hours or so, everyone was dancing along to the music as they waited for 'Julie and the Phantoms' to go on. Apparently, they were supposed to go on at 9 and it was now 11.